2017 Boston Crusaders

22 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

To be fair to the previous staff, the new staff apparently has unprecedented resources to work with. 

and credit also to a large, long term, proactive, goal-oriented  Board of Directors

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

POINT: that's not barbecue. That's grilling.

Barbecue requires the use of indirect heat (smoking, not setting the meat over an open flame).

Texas style barbecue involves wood chips or lump charcoal producing smoke to go across the meat. It's like a seven-hour process.

That said, that looks tasty.

Have you seen all the pictures or tasted the food?

18 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Barbecue requires the use of indirect heat (smoking, not setting the meat over an open flame).

Texas style barbecue involves wood chips or lump charcoal producing smoke to go across the meat. It's like a seven-hour process.

Kind of like the hangings, grilling/burning provides better GE ;)

You're hereby nominated to show the corps an authentic Texas Barbecue!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Have you seen all the pictures or tasted the food?

Nope, just that one.

I will wholly yield the point if they had a smoker out there in addition to the grills.

But the picture posted here depicted grilling.

Sorry, it's a minor sore point that seemingly no one from the northeast or west seems to understand. It's called a cookout, y'all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Nope, just that one.

I will wholly yield the point if they had a smoker out there in addition to the grills.

But the picture posted here depicted grilling.

Sorry, it's a minor sore point that seemingly no one from the northeast or west seems to understand. It's called a cookout, y'all.

This meal was prepared by Texans for days..they know BBQ too.

• Like 1

So can Boston beat Cavies? They seem to be cruising in the fast lane. Great show that just keeps getting better. Congrats BAC and I certainly underestimated the jagernaut that was building built all winter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tobias said:

So can Boston beat Cavies? They seem to be cruising in the fast lane. Great show that just keeps getting better. Congrats BAC and I certainly underestimated the jagernaut that was building built all winter.

I feel as though, if the BAC show is going to catch Cavaliers, we are going to find out today. If the gap remains the same or widens, then I say no. 

40 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Boston has always been a great organization, but it seems to me that the new staff has instilled a level of confidence and commitment to the concepts that are unprecedented for BAC. No doubt there were a ton of ideas that these guys and gals brought to Boston from Cadets and Crown that they were dying to implement. It shows. 

The new staff has helped, but one cannot discount what the members achieved with the previous staff. Boston leapfrogged 2-3 placements at nationals last year to snag 12th. That alone was a big deal. There was passion, focus, determination, good attitudes, and a solid work ethic already happening at Boston. The MMs were very fertile ground for any staff to come in and mold them. When corps such as Magic or Star of Indiana acquired great staffs, it took more time (years) to instill those qualities across all of the MMs. Staff is very important, but the best staff can't deliver without a solid MM commitment to excellence. 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

I don't do much barbecuing...so thanks for the clarification...  :)