2017 Boston Crusaders

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Who knows. All people can say with any degree of certainty is that Michael Lentz is assessing Guard performances quite differently than some of the other Guard judges in DCI.  Thats not to say he is wrong, the others right here... just that he is assessing Guard performances at the moment quite a bit differently than his peers.

Boston has the best Guard in DCI this year.  By the way they also have the best show this year as well.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I hope the judge coordinator has a chat with him. 

No need what do I know.  What ever continue to have the same people at the top.

1 hour ago, emc2 said:

Boston has the best Guard in DCI this year.  By the way they also have the best show this year as well.

<rant>

It is amazing how many people like to present their opinions using "the best." I find it very annoying.

The good news is, Boston doesn't need to be the best. The corps just needs to be better.  "The best" is an impossible standard that lacks any credibility. But "better" is a realistic claim and a much easier comparison to make. 

The standard of "better" also keeps you on your toes. Like being chased by a bear, you always have to be one step ahead not to get eaten. Thinking you're better means you have to keep pushing, learning and improving because there is still room for improvement (not to mention there is a huge bear running behind you). Being the best offers only a short-term advantage.

Pushing yourself and those around you to be the best is unsustainable. Pushing yourself and those around you to be better is the only way to best the best...and outrun the bear.

</rant>

StopDropHEADER-700x445.jpg 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Liahona said:

<rant>

It is amazing how many people like to present their opinions using "the best." I find it very annoying.

The good news is, Boston doesn't need to be the best. The corps just needs to be better.  "The best" is an impossible standard that lacks any credibility. But "better" is a realistic claim and a much easier comparison to make. 

The standard of "better" also keeps you on your toes. Like being chased by a bear, you always have to be one step ahead not to get eaten. Thinking you're better means you have to keep pushing, learning and improving because there is still room for improvement (not to mention there is a huge bear running behind you). Being the best offers only a short-term advantage.

Pushing yourself and those around you to be the best is unsustainable. Pushing yourself and those around you to be better is the only way to best the best...and outrun the bear.

</rant>

I have no issue with it, but I do think we need to step back and realize how incredible it is that this statement could even be made with some degree of accuracy. I don't know that we have ever seen a corps come this far this fast in any area, let alone in all areas. Regardless of where Boston finishes thIs year, they have already made an indelible statement about the activity. No one will bet against them having a shot at medaling next year!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emc2 said:

Oh lord!

:peek:

• Like 3

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I have no issue with it, but I do think we need to step back and realize how incredible it is that this statement could even be made with some degree of accuracy. I don't know that we have ever seen a corps come this far this fast in any area, let alone in all areas. Regardless of where Boston finishes thIs year, they have already made an indelible statement about the activity. No one will bet against them having a shot at medaling next year!

I agree with you.  It's just that I read the same posts every year from certain people that just get annoying.  All comes down to their credibility.

No doubt Boston is having a fantastic season and I would never want to take away from that fact.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I agree with you.  It's just that I read the same posts every year from certain people that just get annoying.  All comes down to their credibility.

No doubt Boston is having a fantastic season and I would never want to take away from that fact.

Need to have on any given night several corps that can win not just two or three which have been going on to long IMO. over the past 50 years + I have seen a lot of great drum corps and staff. Seen it all and that is why I have been helping out all these years.

• Like 1