2017 Boston Crusaders

48 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

2014?

So they were no changes this year. Sorry.

3 hours ago, emc2 said:

So B you have no idea what went on.  as well as my self.

nm...........

Edited by BRASSO

So has it been discussed why Boston is skipping the ATL show this year? Any issues with Gino returning to his old HS?

Also from discussions in the last few pages it seems like the corps is keeping the show in tact until finals? I was hoping for a beefed up ending... Maybe just me... The corps sounds the best it has ever sounded in its history. The same for the guard and percussion,.. (Best Ever) but to me the show is lacking in Visual complexity and speed in the drill and I was hoping they'd make a mid-season push to remedy that once the hornline got the book under their hands.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

So has it been discussed why Boston is skipping the ATL show this year? Any issues with Gino returning to his old HS?

I think it was a combo of there not being enough slots for everyone in Atlanta (a full slate in one day in Atlanta just sounds like a bad idea, in a "people-may-get-seriously-sick" sort of way), and BAC being on the slate for Charlotte the next night anyway. They aren't the only ones skipping ATL.

14 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

t to me the show is lacking in Visual complexity and speed in the drill 

I don't know about this, i suppose its all in the eye of the beholder. Boston seems to have lots of fast tempo to me in this year's production. It flows so well. Like most modern day DCI Corps, Boston seems to have  speed in lots of the drill. I see running in several places in their show if that is what you mean by " speed in the drill ". None of its non percussive performers stand in place for most of the show either it might be noted, if you are looking for " speed " with the performers in their drill requirements. Boston, I would imagine, will add, tweek, in the remaining 3 weeks what already seems a finely produced production in its core show design. But who knows, we'll see.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

but to me the show is lacking in Visual complexity and speed in the drill and I was hoping they'd make a mid-season push to remedy that once the hornline got the book under their hands.

Boston over the years has changed endings like many corps.  I believe Revolution was changed.  Without a clue, what gets more points, a very fast marched/run ending where the "feet are dirty" or a medium marched ending that is much cleaner?  

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

, what gets more points, a very fast marched/run ending where the "feet are dirty" or a medium marched ending that is much cleaner?  

Well, if Boston can march a " medium " at Indy, I think that'll scare the beejesus out of the judges so they'll give them a perfect score in their captions. I like your creative thinking proposal for an ending, ghost, if Boston can pull such a thing off. ( haha!)

30 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Also from discussions in the last few pages it seems like the corps is keeping the show in tact until finals? I was hoping for a beefed up ending... Maybe just me... The corps sounds the best it has ever sounded in its history. The same for the guard and percussion,.. (Best Ever) but to me the show is lacking in Visual complexity and speed in the drill and I was hoping they'd make a mid-season push to remedy that once the hornline got the book under their hands.

Not sure where you got keeping the show intact from.  They haven't had to make any wholesale changes or mods.  They have added bit by bit in many areas; layering and cleaning.  Which is likely what they will continue to do.  This is an experienced staff, especially crucial to have at this point in the season.  They will continue to grow the show for certain.

• Like 2

Just now, BRASSO said:

I like your creative thinking proposal for an ending, ghost, if Boston can pull such a thing off. ( haha!)

You might not have "liked" it that much.    9c64482dae7b9e741f4af919a4b5c5c2--emoji- So far, I haven't received one message from anyone telling me "shhhh, it's being worked on so cool your jets."

• Like 1

They do move, they are no BD by comparison, but looking at Leon's drill the past couple of years at Crown, there is another level that he can write demand-wise and I feel like it was a strategic decision to take it easy on the demand during ensemble moments in the Brass to guarantee that the brass sound would not be hindered by step-size that was out of the Hornline's skill.  But now, With how Strong the Hornline is performing that book, they seem like they are just asking for more to chew on.

I feel like they will hit a Ceiling in the Visual captions if they don't beef up the demand a bit to match the top 5 in the activity ( minus BD)

• Like 1