2017 Boston Crusaders

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

@Glenn426 You make it sound as if it was Boston's choice to not come to Atlanta. Why the heck would they ever do that by choice? There was NOT enough room for buses and tractor trailers for ALL to safely be accommodated at Powder Springs, GA show. DCI (not Boston) made the decision to split up the shows in NOVEMBER where the lower placing corps from last season (2016) having to miss the regional location at Powder Springs on Saturday.

See DCI press release: http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211315065

“We are currently finalizing details with McEachern High School in Powder Springs, Georgia as the temporary home for the event on Saturday, July 29. This Atlanta-area lineup will be slightly abbreviated with the balance of corps headed to Winston-Salem for an enhanced Tour of Champions series event on Sunday, July 30."

@ftwdrummer The corps are missing Saturdays show not by choice, but out of necessity and safety. The corps affected are Colts, Troopers, Madison Scouts, Mandarins, Crossmen, and Boston Crusaders.

A lot more enjoyable this year.  In Staff/BOD we trust follow the plan. IMO If they had to add anything.  I always like the dual red flag effect they used several years ago.  Just saying.   Note: One thing  that I did noticed was that they added Black around the bottom of their props  nice effect.

Edited by emc2

As for BAC adding a new ending or changing it in any way, I have some insider info for you.  They will or they won't.  The design team is under no obligation to inform the DCP brain trust of its intentions.  We all heard for three weeks about Cadets adding two minutes of new music and drill which would propel them into medaling status.

Enough said.

I personally have complete faith in this team and this drum corps.  Heck, I spent all winter just hoping they would improve up to 9th so they wouldn't be in that bottom (10/11/12) tier again.  I am happy beyond words.

This has been and continues to be a tremendous year for Boston, and there is some twisted irony in the fact that somebody who refused to believe in the improvement last month is now doubting what the team will do this month.  Good grief!

Edited by craiga
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, craiga said:

We all heard for three weeks about Cadets adding two minutes of new music and drill which would propel them into medaling status.

I guess Boston is done then, if we listen to the Cadets hype machine working in overdrive. Cadets are poised to medal" in 2018" now Craiga, and maybe win it all" in 2019" if you listen to the bravado. They are like" the  2015 NY Mets" , says one on the Cadets thread ( funny, he doesn't mention they could be  " the 2017 NY Mets " ). I guess a few envision Boston's young Corps with few age outs after this season to just stand pat after this season too.

Oh well.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Gee.... the I guess if Phantom adds more drill and music changes same would apply to them as well?  BUT ANYWAY .... I LOVED hearing the changes Boston has done (RE:  'smoke, water vapor, dry ice - whatever it is) and the other minor changes -- AND their FACEBOOK page had that their 2 upcoming rehearsals are 'closed to the public' as the add new material/changes! So there you go.... 

I PERSONALLY LOVE THIS SHOW... is so different than anything Boston has done in many yrs!  The staff is stellar - and I really, really think the MM's are feeding off of that and are working harder than ever!  THEY SEE, FEEL and HEAR the crowds reaction and.... like ANY performer gain adrenaline from it!  Lets see what happens!  Can't wait for the theater!  And of course DCI East (or whatever the have called it now a days)

I'm becoming a Boston convert -- but then again I have ALWAYS been a Gino C.  follower, even his HS work !!! He and the others are doing spectacular things there!

BURN....BABY BURN!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, craiga said:

This is a has been and continues to be a tremendous year for Boston,

As you know, craiga, Boston has been on the road the entire summer season. The Corps has not returned to New England since they went out on tour way back in mid June. Just wait until the Corps gets back to Massachusetts and New England for their home show, and the gratitude they are about to experience from the Crusaders, Sr. Corps, the Alums/ Fans.. its going to be something else, as you well know.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Gee.... the I guess if Phantom adds more drill and music changes same would apply to them as well?  BUT ANYWAY .... I LOVED hearing the changes Boston has done (RE:  'smoke, water vapor, dry ice - whatever it is) and the other minor changes -- AND their FACEBOOK page had that their 2 upcoming rehearsals are 'closed to the public' as the add new material/changes! So there you go.... 

I PERSONALLY LOVE THIS SHOW... is so different than anything Boston has done in many yrs!  The staff is stellar - and I really, really think the MM's are feeding off of that and are working harder than ever!  THEY SEE, FEEL and HEAR the crowds reaction and.... like ANY performer gain adrenaline from it!  Lets see what happens!  Can't wait for the theater!  And of course DCI East (or whatever the have called it now a days)

I'm becoming a Boston convert -- but then again I have ALWAYS been a Gino C.  follower, even his HS work !!! He and the others are doing spectacular things there!

BURN....BABY BURN!

Boston's show is not just different than anything they'd done in years; it is nothing like they have ever done!  And it is a great show.  This shows that you can take a long time traditional corps and step up into today's DCI and excel.  It requires a commitment from the org., from leadership.  It requires forward thinking.  It requires recognizing a need for talent and finding a way to obtain it.  It is having an experienced staff that has a passion for producing high quality programs, smartly designed for the abilities of the MM's with an achievable stretch to maximize the production.  It is a staff that undeniably loves teaching.   It is a recognition by the entire org and membership of what it takes to be successful then putting in the work.  The enjoyment these kids are getting from this show is obvious.  It is nothing like any of them has performed before and they also know they are building for the future.  Boston is having a great year now, but next year bodes well if this is the initial building block. Oh an the term is "She Must Burn".  LOL  Thanks for your kind words. I am sure the kids love hearing how much their show is appreciated and enjoyed.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

As you know, craiga, Boston has been on the road the entire summer season. The Corps has not returned to New England since they went out on tour way back in mid June. Just wait until the Corps gets back to Massachusetts and New England for their home show, and the gratitude they are about to experience from the Crusaders, Sr. Corps, the Alums/ Fans.. its going to be something else, as you well know.

I cannot wait until Lawrence.  It will be incredible.  I'm taking the day off to be there as much of the day as possible.  Well as much as my family can stand it (and me).  My daughter is very OK with it as she hopes to march one day. She also discovered at the Cronin BBQ/Clambake, one of her band color guard mates is also a fan of BAC.   My son thinks it's a cult and my wife grudgingly tolerates me with it.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I cannot wait until Lawrence.  It will be incredible.  I'm taking the day off to be there as much of the day as possible.  Well as much as my family can stand it (and me).  My daughter is very OK with it as she hopes to march one day. She also discovered at the Cronin BBQ/Clambake, one of her band color guard mates is also a fan of BAC.   My son thinks it's a cult and my wife grudgingly tolerates me with it.

lol!!.. I know the feeling full well, LabMaster. My wife and grown kids know.. and accept... that their poor hubby and dad has gone off to join the BAC circus in his retirement years.. lol!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, craiga said:

As for BAC adding a new ending or changing it in any way, I have some insider info for you.  They will or they won't.  The design team is under no obligation to inform the DCP brain trust of its intentions.  We all heard for three weeks about Cadets adding two minutes of new music and drill which would propel them into medaling status.

Enough said.

sorry us peasants aren't worthy of communication from the great and powerful BAC team

and NO ONE said the cadets changes would "propel them into medaling status" 

literally NO ONE

1 hour ago, PRPhan4ever said:

This announcement is factually inaccurate in that Boston's rehearsals are OPEN to the public. This information for some reason sounded like something Crown would do and low and behold I found this exact announcement on Crown's Facebook. No harm and no foul. Just setting the record straight.

• Like 7