2017 Boston Crusaders

And here are some more photos by Chris Maher!!!  Thanks!!!

20258513_1552629738109866_57714232657414

20257977_1552629901443183_65795169054596

20265106_1552629941443179_28199614906895

20246460_1552629828109857_48208870431274

20294056_1552629914776515_37466893234310

• Like 9

Continued success BAC!

Welcome home tonight, to Hank and Logan

• Like 5

BAC is on fire and closing in on Cavies 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

The props look so much better with their bases painted black... helps them "pop" visually. 

Those are skirts made out of black fabric...and yes I agree :)

• Like 2

This is my favorite show this year, and I'm glad to say it's based on its own merits and not because of my innate bias for BAC.  

One thing that I've been experiencing with the design is wanting there to be at least one moment of sadness... some acknowledgement of the tragedy and suffering caused to innocent people by the colonial Salemers and their wicked games.  The show has plenty of kick ### moments.  The ballad sets a mournful tone, but one that suggests more the sadness someone might feel from being betrayed by neighbors or family.  The closer's build up to the "burn" is haunting, but not exactly sad.  I'm wondering if there could be a visual/musical moment -- as the bonfire falls and the audience is still cheering the executions -- where the entire corps gets into a simpler, humbler, formation while playing a dirge... and the audience is left with the residual "smoke" and the empty, swinging, nooses.  It might bring the show's theme full circle, showing how we (as humans) can get so caught up in our wicked games, mob mentalities, and cries for blood that we risk missing entirely the tragedy and destruction they can cause.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ediker said:

This is my favorite show this year, and I'm glad to say it's based on its own merits and not because of my innate bias for BAC.  

One thing that I've been experiencing with the design is wanting there to be at least one moment of sadness... some acknowledgement of the tragedy and suffering caused to innocent people by the colonial Salemers and their wicked games.  The show has plenty of kick ### moments.  The ballad sets a mournful tone, but one that suggests more the sadness someone might feel from being betrayed by neighbors or family.  The closer's build up to the "burn" is haunting, but not exactly sad.  I'm wondering if there could be a visual/musical moment -- as the bonfire falls and the audience is still cheering the executions -- where the entire corps gets into a simpler, humbler, formation while playing a dirge... and the audience is left with the residual "smoke" and the empty, swinging, nooses.  It might bring the show's theme full circle, showing how we (as humans) can get so caught up in our wicked games, mob mentalities, and cries for blood that we risk missing entirely the tragedy and destruction they can cause.  

Really love this idea, I agree!

• Like 1

I have to respectfully disagree.  Boston's "up" ending is one of the most effective, crowd pleasing, baby throwing moments in all of DCI this year.  Why would anyone want to mess with that by putting in a down ending?  Yikes!

• Like 6

Just now, craiga said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  Boston's "up" ending is one of the most effective, crowd pleasing, baby throwing moments in all of DCI this year.  Why would anyone want to mess with that by putting in a down ending?  Yikes!

That's fine lol. I'm the type that likes shows that try to send a message or have a deeper meaning, even if it means doing something that isn't as popular with the audience. That's one of the reasons I really liked Crown's new ending last year that called for an end to gun violence