2017 Boston Crusaders

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That's fine lol. I'm the type that likes shows that try to send a message or have a deeper meaning, even if it means doing something that isn't as popular with the audience. That's one of the reasons I really liked Crown's new ending last year that called for an end to gun violence 

I'm not a fan of corps making political statements...sans BAC 2014...but that what you like...so fine with me...just not my taste..

Edited by Liahona

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

I'm not a fan of corps making political statements...sans BAC 2014...but that what you like...so fine with me...just not my taste..

That's an odd exception to make. 

Regardless, there's nothing political about Ediker's suggestion

• Like 1

I hear you, Cappy...but I don't care about making a social statement.  I just want Boston to continue to have their best season ever. After all, it's not a charity fundraiser for a worthy cause. It is World Class drum corps, the NASCAR of the marching arts.  As one who has been in the trenches supporting this drum corps for 40 years, I want these kids and this team to max out.  There are literally hundreds of people involved with BAC's mission, and that is to be as competitive as possible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  Boston's "up" ending is one of the most effective, crowd pleasing, baby throwing moments in all of DCI this year.  Why would anyone want to mess with that by putting in a down ending?  Yikes!

I agree, the ending is great. It would remain. The suggestion is for a "curtain call" that inspires self reflection. Think 89 SCV... quiet moment after the big hit. Also, 87 Cadets and 88 BD. All of those shows medaled (two gold).  

• Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

That's an odd exception to make. 

Regardless, there's nothing political about Ediker's suggestion

The political statement BAC made in 2014 was relevant to drum corps..not society..

Just now, craiga said:

I hear you, Cappy...but I don't care about making a social statement.  I just want Boston to continue to have their best season ever. After all, it's not a charity fundraiser for a worthy cause. It is World Class drum corps, the NASCAR of the marching arts.  As one who has been in the trenches supporting this drum corps for 40 years, I want these kids and this team to max out.  There are literally hundreds of people involved with BAC's mission, and that is to be as competitive as possible.

This is what I was trying to say...thanks Craig!

6 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I agree, the ending is great. It would remain. The suggestion is for a "curtain call" that inspires self reflection. Think 89 SCV... quiet moment after the big hit. Also, 87 Cadets and 88 BD. All of those shows medaled (two gold).  

SCV 2004 comes to mind too. Oh and Cadets 2013. 

Nothing wrong with a good quiet ending :)

7 minutes ago, craiga said:

I totally understand, I know I have an unpopular opinion regarding this. I think that old DCP poster named Brutus has influenced me a bit :)

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

SCV 2004 comes to mind too. Oh and Cadets 2013. 

Nothing wrong with a good quiet ending :)

This is just NOT Boston's style...leave the quiet endings to the masters of them IMO...SCV...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This is just NOT Boston's style...leave the quiet endings to the masters of them IMO...SCV...

You were a rookie under me, so I know a thing or two about Boston's style. It's possible that you've not witnessed, in person, the impact of the "fake endings" of top shows from 87-89 that ended high (got the audience on its feet)... then went an unexpected step further, in an awesome way.  It would propel this design into masterpiece territory... and can give the corps the edge against the current places 1-4.

It's just my opinion. We have a great design team, and I'll leave it to them. They have exceeded expectations and know what they're doing... who knows what they have in store for the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ediker said:

You were a rookie under me, so I know a thing or two about Boston's style. It's possible that you've not witnessed, in person, the impact of the "fake endings" of top shows from 87-89 that ended high (got the audience on its feet)... then went an unexpected step further, in an awesome way.  It would propel this design into masterpiece territory... and can give the corps the edge against the current places 1-4.

It's just my opinion. We have a great design team, and I'll leave it to them. They have exceeded expectations and know what they're doing... who knows what they have in store for the coming weeks. 

I WITNESSED those shows LIVE. You saying that I'm a rookie under you is a little condescending and really unnecessary. That's not a very nice thing to say.

I'm not faulting your idea...I just don't agree with it...and I agree with your second point...leave it up to the design team...