2017 Boston Crusaders

17 minutes ago, Liahona said:

In 2014...I gave away my member jacket...that was difficult to part with... to a friend of mine's 17 year old son that was so thrilled and excited about Boston...he was wearing the jacket at his HS all the time....sometimes it's the little things like that that bring joy in this world...haha

We weren't allowed to wear member jackets when I marched in the mid to late 70's. For those who knew the Corps back then no explanation is needed. Having said that we were allowed to wear Crusader member T-shirts which negated the reasoning for us not being allowed to wear member jackets. Sometimes we didn't think things all the way through back then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bsader said:

We weren't allowed to wear member jackets when I marched in the mid to late 70's. For those who knew the Corps back then no explanation is needed. Having said that we were allowed to wear Crusader member T-shirts which negated the reasoning for us not being allowed to wear member jackets. Sometimes we didn't think things all the way through back then.

So the reason was what?

A special, now very ill 12  yr old I know...saw BAC live  a few yrs back...He brought them ice and gato,fruit/treats..he now is outgrowing and wearing out his BAC (corps not member) jacket. Talented young musician, too.

The small gestures often do make the difference, help form bonds, and make people truly feel great!

Edited by CorpwithanS
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Liahona said:

In 2014...I gave away my member jacket...that was difficult to part with... to a friend of mine's 17 year old son that was so thrilled and excited about Boston...he was wearing the jacket at his HS all the time....sometimes it's the little things like that that bring joy in this world...haha

Nicely done L.  At one of the early Spring Flings, I won the silent bid for the BAC hero jacket.  At the end of my week volunteering the last week of the corps ST in Folsom, CA.  I spoke with the DM's, took the jacket out of Big Bird's trunk and handed it to Thompson with the request that it be passed on at the end of each season to the senior DM for the next season.  Other than one time that it was missing for awhile, it should still be with the lead DM.  

• Like 4

We weren't exactly angels back then so that if their were any shenanigans perpetrated by a Crusader member while they were wearing a Crusader member jacket then they could be easily identified and the Corps would be held accountable.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bsader said:

We weren't exactly angels back then so that if their were any shenanigans perpetrated by a Crusader member while they were wearing a Crusader member jacket then they could be easily identified and the Corps would be held accountable.  

ahhhh...yep...would be EASY to identify for sure...

26 minutes ago, Liahona said:

So the reason was what?

I'll pm you with the answer.. lol!.. ( opps, already explained)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Liahona said:

So the reason was what?

I see Liahona is playing innocent.  I so wish I had kept a journal; my seat mate did.  I should check if he has anything on Liahona.

Just now, BAC91 said:

I see Liahona is playing innocent.  I so wish I had kept a journal; my seat mate did.  I should check if he has anything on Liahona.

LMAO

• Like 1