2017 Boston Crusaders

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The BD have stayed in a motel for many years haven't they?

I thought most WC corps did. Crown does because I believe it was Crown who stayed at the hotel where my friend stayed in 2012.

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

If Boston had a large retention this year, which is my understanding as well, they began the season with a corps that learned last season what it takes to make finals and knows how easy that can slip away. This season many of these same young people are marching with a corps that could place as high as 5th on Saturday, no lower than 7th barring some crazy penalty. Since the jump will most likely be so high, my thought is they will stay with the corps. Some may move for what they believe will be a sure thing, but Crown did not medal in 2014 and Bloo might not medal this year, so a sure thing is not always so sure.

The only sure thing is taxes and the Blue Devils being in the top 3...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

they are a great group

I got a real kick out of that video you made...walking where Boston last beat the Cadets a few decades ago before this season...

38 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Avon's prop was square and Boston's is round.  Avon's "fire" is not as tall.  

and they didn't have smoke either...just sayin'..don't really care about avon actually...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The BD have stayed in a motel for many years haven't they?

with school already underway in most places in indiana, and the rising costs of housing, it makes sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I got a real kick out of that video you made...walking where Boston last beat the Cadets a few decades ago before this season...

it helps that one of my banks is 10 minutes away, and the timing was perfect. (plus I remember being there). I was raised to be a  Boston fan back when it wasn't cool to be, and stayed through the good and the bad...and really until 99, good was considered 15th. I still worship the 90 show, I feel 88 never gets enough credit, and I'll say 94 was a blown opportunity not throwing some Conquest in at home.in 98 I spent an entire watching them rehearse at a local school, with no idea what the new year would bring, even though I had other "names" close by too. 

and growing up, when they came on at East, I remember the crowd practicing ..|.|...

...and fondly remember doing it loudly in 2000 every time i saw them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CorpwithanS said:

The Boston Crusaders have always been innovators throughout their history, e.g., perc, musical style, CG,and electronics. This staff and Board are enabling their potential and their future... BAC are not Crown and not 'Avon'. They'll continue to succeed and be just who they want to be. A great 78th year ahead and many more to follow.

Props too, to Carolina, Bones and BAC...you are each thriving and formulating your own styles and successes.Congratulations.

I agree. Even back to the 1960s/early 70s, pre-DCI... they were playing some seriously high-rent stuff, brass and percussion. Ahead of their time.

• Like 2

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

I agree. Even back to the 1960s/early 70s, pre-DCI... they were playing some seriously high-rent stuff, brass and percussion. Ahead of their time.

I was (lucky to be) there. Happy Final's Week, Fran!

• Like 1