2017 Boston Crusaders

Boston's 3rd place in Guard ( Medal ) was their highest DCI score ever in Guard... 19.1.

It was also their highest DCI Finals score ever tonite with a score of 92.962 ( topping their 5th place score of 92.40 in 2002). 

They really " lit it up tonite " ,with their stellar performance in all sections of their Corps here in the Finals, capping off an historic season for the Boston Crusaders !

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

What can I say...just so much emotion tonight...this alum is in tears of joy for this edition of the Boston Crusaders...you defeated all of the naysayers...every single one of them...

A special tribute to Christopher Holland, Rick Woodall, Michael Woodall, Jim Cronin, Ron Lambert, Daren Delaney, MaryMason McWhorter, Stephanie Aarons, Mario Mistretta, Jackie Gaffney and the entire Boston Crusaders organization...

A wonderful thank you to the 2017 design team...Keith Potter, Leon May, Michael Townsend, Brady Sanders, Ryan George, Colin McNutt, lain Moyer, Michael Zeller

A special congratulations to Jacob Kalemba, Rico Santiago, Herbert Washington, Brady Sanders, Sally Ware, Philip Aaron Gantt, Heather Graham, Phillip Ho and Kylee Hubbard and all the wonderful WITCHES earning 3rd in guard!   WOW...you were magnificent!

The tremendously talented visual staff...Aaron Bailey, Eddy Falcon, Chris Martin, Will Young, Tyler Lindemier, Mike Wells, Kevin Morrison, Patrick Duncan, Matt Rusnak, and Scott McAnally...

The incredible ear-gasmic sound created from Gino Cipriani and crew...JP, Travis, Ryan, Evan, Jamie, Jarrett, Eric, Kendall, and Steve...and the BAC brassline...Smokin' HOT! I want to hear/see more LOT videos!

Last but not least the kick-azz percussion section along with Colin McNutt and his crew...Alex, Andrew, Moises, Brian, Derek, Chris, Tim, Adam, Efren, Andy, Neal, Taylor, Andy, Iain..

Honorable mention to DCP'ers Glenn426, MelloEvan, and Cainan who were the only 3 that predicted 6th for Boston this season...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :)

Just wanted to say thank you for being such a fun and informative member of this site. I've really enjoyed your insights, you have been a great supporter of Boston while never being the DB that so many others here often are for their favorite corps. Peace.

• Like 6

Thought I'd put DrumManTx review of BAC here...

• Boston Crusaders - Wicked Games
    • 6th Place - 92.962

My favorite show of 2017. This show for me is everything that is right and that I love about drum corps; the range of emotions I felt live watching this show is pretty unmatched by anything else I’ve say through in a stadium in the heat of the summer. This show is one I have been waiting for to hit the drum corps field in my time as a fan; something that wasn’t afraid to embrace emotions and themes that are a bit darker and harder to sell in a way that is appealing to the masses……..and man they did it. The level of clarity and cohesion from things as big as the choices of music and as small as how tiny snippets of voice overs lay into the musical texture of the show was just second to none for me. No show for me this year felt so seamless or well coordinated. They nailed the programming of music in this show, the eeriness and creepy innocence of “Moonlight Sonata” woven through the show from the opener into the ballad brought to life by that amazingly dynamic and musically mature front ensemble, the angst and anger of the Prokofiev, Copland, and Ginestara that was portrayed with amazing intensity and power by the fantastic brass and drumline, and the mournful sadness and distress that was personified in that amazing…...stunning singer in the ballad that looked like she belonged on some high end Broadway stage was just perfect. Ryan George, Colin McNutt, Iain Moyer, Michael Zellers, and anyone else who helped arrange and construct this show deserve huge congrats. The clarity, power, and level of detail not just in arranging but how the amazingly done voice overs and singer laid in the brass and percussion writing is just mind blowing. And Gino, the aforementioned two percussionists, and all the instructional staff bringing it to life deserve as much praise. And then Leon May and the color guard staff setting an incredibly emotional, easy to follow, and perfectly coordinated stage to bring the music to life visually? Amazing. The color guard live just took me by the throat and didn’t let go, the level of intensity and emotion they perform with while tossing rifles, sabres, flags, and everything else with was just mind blowing. And it all came together to make a show that is easily one of my favorite shows of the modern era of drum corps. There are too many moments from the rifles set up in a pentagram at the beginning to that absolutely explosive final chord as they are burning and hanging the witches to talk about. I wasn’t happy and didn’t get joy watching this show, but that’s why I love it so much. Tension, dread, sadness, anger, angst, mourning, and just a disturbing darkness. They communicated such taboo and off putting emotions so effectively that it made it impossible to not be impressed and blown away. And the last piece of the puzzle…….the members that made it happen. In 2016 them squeezing that show for everything it had to give is what got it into finals and in 2017 them stepping up to so many expectations and an incredibly emotionally complex show and selling the absolute #### out of it is why they ended up in 6th and with their highest score ever. The designers coulda done everything in their power, but in the end it’s the members that brought it to life. Congratulations on an amazing transformation, building a champion has more than begun. I cannot wait to see what 2018 has in store.

• Like 8

Just wanted to say, Thank you BAC, hell of a show!!

• Like 5