2017 Boston Crusaders

WHAT A YEAR!   My, my.... what can we hope for next year?  Myself?  Just more of the same.... only BETTER!  GREAT STAFF, GREAT support crew, awesome arranging/staging, I can't wait for 2018 & be involved in any way I can now that I am able to do so.  My spouse is even contemplating driving if needed (CDL Class B & small truck certified) & we BOTH have all our updated background/child interaction credentials valid for 3 yrs!  Hopefully, we can spend a few weeks w/the corps next summer when they are on their East Coast tour.  

BRING ON 2018 ......

• Like 1

Oh -- forgot to mention....   It's my hope that ALL the staff will return in 2018!!!!!!

YOU'VE STARTED SOMETHING THAT'S GOT TO BE FINISHED.... Building a Champion!  Lets see them do it!  We are 1/2 way there if you look at placements!  

BAC 2018...... Top 5 possible?  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Oh -- forgot to mention....   It's my hope that ALL the staff will return in 2018!!!!!!

YOU'VE STARTED SOMETHING THAT'S GOT TO BE FINISHED.... Building a Champion!  Lets see them do it!  We are 1/2 way there if you look at placements!  

BAC 2018...... Top 5 possible?  

.. Sure.. why not... fire it up....because you can never get enough of a good thing

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, cloud and outdoor

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

BAC Merchandise/Souvie question ..... I know i saw pics of BAC's souvie area at Finals... and i 'assume' they may have sold out of MANY items still listed as available on the website (not FACEBOOK), is there a telephone # or someone to email to get an update as to what is still available?  Or, should I order what I want and hope for the best?    I wouldn't want to place an order, have my card charged & wait 1-2 mos for it to arrive.... I've had that happen in 2011 with another corps....   Any contact info out there?

https://crusadercollection.com/

It is my understanding that the inventory online is also in congruence with what is actually available.  In any event, you can email souvenirs@crusaders.com OR

Contact us by email: info@crusaders.com
Contact us by phone: (617) 268-4600
Company Fax: (617) 687-2551

Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm Eastern

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

AS ALWAYS Liahona -- YOU ROCK!  Can't wait to meet you "On the Road" or in the stands or at camp etc to say THANK YOU!

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Boston's show this year, and FWIW, here are some of my observations...

-The male color guard members were PHENOMENAL (I mean the entire guard was amazing, but those dudes really stuck out)

-The entire design was fantastic visually and musically

-The use of singing was great.  She could sing extremely well, and the focus on the vocals was brief, and really added to the overall package.

-The ending was GREAT, and then throwing in 2 more "witches" during Finals week...bravo

-Looking forward to what this crew can accomplish next season with, from what I've heard, is less than 20 from the brass and percussion.

• Like 6

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, emc2 said:

Looks like Elise is gone. Nice farewell Text FB.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, LabMaster said:
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, emc2 said:

Looks like Elise is gone. Nice farewell Text FB.

Who is Elise? If you mean ELLIS Hampton, then this emphasizes why you need to learn to spell. How do you find the text on FB. I looked and can't get at anything current on the corps.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:16 PM, Barneveld said:

Just posted on facebook..........

We're excited to welcome Gino Cipriani and Colin McNutt to the Boston Crusaders and Inspire Arts & Music as Directors of Music and Percussion! Click here to read more: http://bostoncrusaders.org/20…/…/2017-brass-percussion-team/

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:18 PM, craiga said:

And there goes the first shoe......

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 4:09 AM, craiga said:

Just to add to what BRASSO just said....

For the record, I am not at all in the loop of BAC staffing decisions. Having said that, it would seem to me that the mere idea that Colin and Gino made their decisions based on the Cadets' ultimate 6th place finish is not believable. Clearly, the folks in Hyde Park have been working on this for some time, probably had some extended negotions, and finally came to agreement. BAC must have made it worth their while. This doesn't feel to me as if it was last minute or rushed in any way. I also have reason to believe that Boston might well have more to announce in the very near future.

A couple folks here on DCP recently questioned why BAC has a 42 member Board and why does the corps spend so much time doing things like Tanglewood, Boston Pops, and Boston Financial District events.

It would seem that we now have our answer.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:08 AM, SuperSaderFan said:

I agree, the latest hirings are about Inspire Arts & Music and the Boston Crusader future. This is the business side of the activity and we have spent considerable time investing and putting the organization into the position to bring in the best in the activity. Nothing happens overnight and we will continue to stay steadfast in our goal of BuildingAChampion.

Wish I had the BAC 1966 version.    

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I would like to say that the singer at Boston is amazing, and congrats to a VERY successful year for them. However, I would suggest that anyone 

A) watch multiple videos of Boston's ballad (I did, one from Jupiter, Florida and Finals at the same time)

B) watch the multi cam of Boston's ballad

I highly, highly doubt that girl is singing live. I think it's her, but I don't think she sang that in a show for a while. She does not look like a girl who is singing in that video, she looks like she is acting and mouthing. If she singing, I am extremely impressed and hats off to her! If anyone could prove me wrong that would be awesome.

(Yes, she was singing live at Concert in the Park and someone came to teach her about expression... that doesn't contradict what I've said.)

Seriously... prove me wrong! I WANT to be proven wrong. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Shewhois
spelling of the word "Boston" in B)

1 hour ago, Shewhois said:

A) watch multiple videos of Boston's ballad (I did, one from Jupiter, Florida and Finals at the same time)

B) watch the multi cam of Boston's ballad

I highly, highly doubt that girl is singing live. I think it's her, but I don't think she sang that in a show for a while. She does not look like a girl who is singing in that video, she looks like she is acting and mouthing. 

Seriously... prove me wrong! I WANT to be proven wrong. 

Somebody on DCP still wants to play those " wicked games "... lol!

Edited by BRASSO