2017 Boston Crusaders

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

There may or may not be a YouTube of BAC In finals up.  I may have just watched it.  I also may have watched Bloo. 

:peek: 

I did not type this. it could be me, but I highly, highly, doubt it. it could be somebody else. Can you prove to me that I did type this. I want to be proved wrong... seriously.

• Haha 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

I did not type this. it could be me, but I highly, highly, doubt it. it could be somebody else. Can you prove to me that I did type this. I want to be proved wrong... seriously.

:4_joy:

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn't want to get in trouble but that's it. 

Maybe Boston flew the Grammy Award Winner singer up to Boston for some professional advice on ...... ..makeup ? (.. lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I can't tell from that video because the audio and visual are not in sync. Even if she were only mouthing the words, she'd time it better than the video shows. She does seem to breathe at appropriate points. And the style of the performance doesn't require belting, so it can look pretty effortless.

I did play back videos from Allentown and Semifinals simultaneously. I got them close enough that the faster mallet runs match, and yet it sounds like there are slight timing differences in her voice between the two performances, i.e., that either she was live or the pre-recording started at slightly different moments.

It would be highly disappointing if that performance, which everyone loved so much, was actually lip synced. Certainly I think that pre-recorded music ought to be against the rules. That, however, would have led to penalties to a number of corps this year, including, off the top of my head, Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Blue Stars, Mandarins, and Colts.

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Maybe Boston flew the Grammy Award Winner singer up to Boston for some professional advice on ...... ..makeup ? (.. lol!)

Well they certainly didn't give her advice on breath support haha.

Do you think she's singing live?

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

I can't tell from that video because the audio and visual are not in sync. Even if she were only mouthing the words, she'd time it better than the video shows. She does seem to breathe at appropriate points. And the style of the performance doesn't require belting, so it can look pretty effortless.

I did play back videos from Allentown and Semifinals simultaneously. I got them close enough that the faster mallet runs match, and yet it sounds like there are slight timing differences in her voice between the two performances, i.e., that either she was live or the pre-recording started at slightly different moments.

It would be highly disappointing if that performance, which everyone loved so much, was actually lip synced. Certainly I think that pre-recorded music ought to be against the rules. That, however, would have led to penalties to a number of corps this year, including, off the top of my head, Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Blue Stars, Mandarins, and Colts.

It's pretty borderline. Usually pre-recorded singing is played one phrase at a time rather than all at once, or she is just very good. I'd just really like some confirmation either way.

9 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

Do you think she's singing live?

Yes. Her singing was different each performance... practices included. If not, Boston sure fooled me and she should get a Grammy for Best Performance Acting in a Musical by a Female in a Supporting Role... ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1