2017 Boston Crusaders

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Yes. Her singing was different each performance... practices included.

That'd be awesome. 

It could be an in-between... something like the Cascades singer who sung live, but through filters. That however, is almost impossible to know for sure so it's not really worth discussing.

1 hour ago, Shewhois said:

I would like to say that the singer at Boston is amazing, and congrats to a VERY successful year for them. However, I would suggest that anyone 

A) watch multiple videos of Boston's ballad (I did, one from Jupiter, Florida and Finals at the same time)

B) watch the multi cam of Boston's ballad

I highly, highly doubt that girl is singing live. I think it's her, but I don't think she sang that in a show for a while. She does not look like a girl who is singing in that video, she looks like she is acting and mouthing. If she singing, I am extremely impressed and hats off to her! If anyone could prove me wrong that would be awesome.

(Yes, she was singing live at Concert in the Park and someone came to teach her about expression... that doesn't contradict what I've said.)

Seriously... prove me wrong! I WANT to be proven wrong. Thank you in advance.

First off TROLL ALERT!  It's a corps conspiracy I tell you!!!!

So basically you are saying everyone that have commented already ad nauseum that ACTUALLY know for a fact she was singing live are lying now...INCLUDING the girl actually singing the part (Aubrie) in her semi-finals post show interview....If this really the best you got to criticize Boston in your disguised post of praise...It's really SAD!

I actually witnessed microphone malfunction TWICE on different occasions and have video evidence of it as well.  I've also watched several versions of Boston's final performance and also several recorded versions...I do recall one of them...may have been the one referenced in this thread that seemed slightly off but because I watched all of them in totality realize that it was probably a buffer issue by the person recording the video...

I also HEARD AND SAW THE GIRL SINGING FROM 15 FEET AWAY LIVE AT THE STADIUM.  

No one needs to PROVE anything to you...you probably still believe the world is flat or that our walk on the moon was a hoax...

Keith Potter the Artistic Director for the Boston Crusaders made it VERY clear in his interview that she was in fact LIVE SINGING...why don't you take the time an watch it BELOW before you jump to your foolish conclusions...you sound like you can't handle the truth that the girl was simply AMAZING!

Here is the link to the video: https://marchingartseducation.com/courses/keith-potter-on-boston-crusaders-wicked-games/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

So basically you are saying everyone that have commented already ad nauseum that ACTUALLY know for a fact she was singing live are lying now...INCLUDING the girl actually singing the part (Aubrie) in her semi-finals post show interview....If this really the best you got to criticize Boston in your disguised post of praise...It's really SAD!

I actually witnessed microphone malfunction TWICE on different occasions and have video evidence of it as well.  I've also watched several versions of Boston's final performance and also several recorded versions...I do recall one of them...may have been the one referenced in this thread that seemed slightly off but because I watched all of them in totality realize that it was probably a buffer issue by the person recording the video...

No one needs to PROVE anything to you...you probably still believe the world is flat or that our walk on the moon was a hoax...

Keith Potter the Artistic Director for the Boston Crusaders made it VERY clear in his interview that she was in fact LIVE SINGING...why don't you take the time an watch it BELOW before you jump to your foolish conclusions...you sound like you can't handle the truth that the girl was simply AMAZING!

Here is the link to the video: https://marchingartseducation.com/courses/keith-potter-on-boston-crusaders-wicked-games/

Well, we know where I sit and if she wasn't singing live, then she sure fooled me.  She was great.  And it was live. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Okay! I hear you loud and clear.

I've simply heard a lot of things this season to make me question what has been performed live and what hasn't. The Boston Crusaders put on an incredible performance every night, and they have my total respect. Not trying to be a troll, and no I don't believe the world is flat... If no one questioned things on here, what would be the point of this forum? 

I still don't understand why I shouldn't ask. It really doesn't LOOK like she was singing fully, but that doesn't mean she wasn't. Again, people saying something was performed live doesn't mean it was unaltered as well. AND just because she could sing it doesn't mean she was every night, I said in my original post I was very sure it was her. 

The video also wasn't easy to find, I tried googling other sources but no one seemed to be talking about it. If she was singing live, unaltered every night then she was simply amazing, and I can handle that. No hate from me. And even if it was a recording it's dang good haha

Sorry for all those I've upset. I didn't mean to stir up trouble, and I still have some unanswered questions, but I figure this is a topic I should just keep to myself. Thanks for responding, @Liahona .

Edited by Shewhois

maybe we can all relax now... Boston's singer we all learn (once again, as its been brought up before on here ) was not a fake. She was the real deal.

Whew.. just another boring day on DCP... lol!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

Okay! I hear you loud and clear.

I've simply heard a lot of things this season to make me question what has been performed live and what hasn't. The Boston Crusaders put on an incredible performance every night, and they have my total respect. Not trying to be a troll, and no I don't believe the world is flat... If no one questioned things on here, what would be the point of this forum? 

I still don't understand why I shouldn't ask. It really doesn't LOOK like she was singing fully, but that doesn't mean she wasn't. Again, people saying something was performed live doesn't mean it was unaltered as well. AND just because she could sing it doesn't mean she was every night, I said in my original post I was very sure it was her. 

The video also wasn't easy to find, I tried googling other sources but no one seemed to be talking about it. If she was singing live, unaltered every night then she was simply amazing, and I can handle that. No hate from me. And even if it was a recording it's dang good haha

Sorry for all those I've upset. I didn't mean to stir up trouble, and I still have some unanswered question, but I figure this is a topic I should just keep to myself. Thanks for responding, @Liahona .

Fair enough. I'm just very passionate about the corps and will defend to the death... :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

People like to play " Wicked Games ".... spreading rumors, whispers in the dark, pointing fingers, making accusations ( " she's not singing "  She did it! ( lip sync)...this really is just another reason why Boston's 2017 show really is one for the Ages in DCI, imo.  its as contemporary and as compelling as can be.

It's really wonderful.  And the guard is absolutely compelling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shewhois said:

Seriously... prove me wrong! I WANT to be proven wrong. Thank you in advance.

FWIW, I've watched multiple iterations, in succession, of Boston's ballad, live, at rehearsals, at different points in the season, and can confirm that she was definitely singing, live, every time.  There were no recordings or lip syncing.  I've noticed variations every time she's sung it (phrasing, etc.).  Very, very, rarely, she would have a lapse and make a mistake or forget to sing, which would confuse others, and she would graciously apologize on mic.  She really does have a career voice and an excellent ear for pitch.  

I had the very same instinct you alluded to... that (excellent as she was) her breath support could have been improved.  As a former brass player, accustomed to precise entrances and phrasing, I noticed she varied each time she sang it, and it made me a little uncomfortable.  If it were my place, I would have suggested she perform any and all breathing exercises alongside the brass line.