2017 Boston Crusaders

Personally, I think the uniforms ( or costumes, if one prefers ) of Carolina Crown the last few years looked hideous. They were cringe worthy.  BUT... here's the thing. It did not matter what I ( or others thought ) on this. Their performers certainly seemed to like them... and they've won Championships and Medaled other years in them, so that's the bottom line on that it seems to me. The 90's in Drum Corps are long gone. Costuming with lots of spandex is what the young like in modern day Drum Corps. So I'm fully prepared for all sorts of hideous looking costumes...  attire decisions made by adults incidentally... to be put on the young over the next few years... Boston included.

Edited by BRASSO

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Personally, I think the uniforms ( or costumes, if one prefers ) of Carolina Crown the last few years looked hideous. They were cringe worthy.  BUT... here's the thing. It did not matter what I ( or others thought ) on this. Their performers certainly seemed to like them... and they've won Championships and Medaled other years in them, so that's the bottom line on that it seems to me. The 90's in Drum Corps are long gone. Costuming with lots of spandex is what the young like in modern day Drum Corps. So I'm fully prepared for all sorts of hideous looking costumes...  attire decisions made by adults incidentally... to be put on the young over the next few years... Boston included.

Actually, I thought Crown's uniforms were gorgeous last year except for one thing.  I thought the earth tone color scheme made them blend into the field. This obviously didn't hurt them considering their visual scores. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Actually, I thought Crown's uniforms were gorgeous last year except for one thing. The earth tone color scheme made them blend into the field. This obviously didn't hurt them considering their visual scores. 

I preferred the style as well as the cream colors of Crown's unis from the early 2000's... but that's just me. The fabric of today, although expensive, looks cheaply made... and the look is hideous... but again, that's just me, and the young love these styles, fabrics, etc so thats why they make'em,, sell'em, and put-er- on'em .

20 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Actually, I thought Crown's uniforms were gorgeous last year except for one thing.  I thought the earth tone color scheme made them blend into the field. This obviously didn't hurt them considering their visual scores. 

Personally I loved them also and yes they did blend but worked at finals imo, and isn't that what we all write for...the big dance

It is BC thread so moving on. Isn't there a uniform thread?..lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

It ain't the uni. It's the design team that matters in competitive outcome. 

In Irish Step Dancing competition (  a few other sports as well ) there is a caption for " costuming ". And it can make or break a competitor, on how the judges judge the duds you've got on. DCI has no " costuming " caption.  ' Probably never will. Bluecoats went out hatless last season. ' Didn't hurt them in the least. And lets me clear on this.. its FAR easier to perform ( vision alone ) when you have the advantage to chuck the headgear, score points, while the other Corps made their marchers sweat like pigs in the heat and the humidity with their heavy headgear, plumes on. ( haha!). I mean seriously. Lets give credit to a Corps ( Bluecoats ) for being smart enough to realize there was only an upside... no downside... to going hatless last summer. Do I think other Corps will soon figure out that going hatless in DCI is a distinct competitive advantage ?...... duh. ( lol!)

On Sat Feb 18 2017 at 8:40 PM, BRASSO said:

I can assure you it is NOT what they like.  I think it is what staff likes.  They like the fact they can do choreography easier, and allow for better movement, but most modern marchers actually do not enjoy the dancewear costume/uniform.  

Just now, BoaDci said:

I can assure you it is NOT what they like.  I think it is what staff likes.  They like the fact they can do choreography easier, and allow for better movement, but most modern marchers actually do not enjoy the dancewear costume/uniform.  

I've talked to a few that quite like it (from two seperate corps)...then again none of us can speak for the majority of marching members.  

• Like 1