2017 Boston Crusaders

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Oh goodie!  The big B is has returned to his Winter bird nest and will be sending a PM soon.

Only if you've put the Big Bird in your garage, and put all the rest of your toys away. ( by the way, are you still ridin' against the wind on that hog of yours, Ghost ? )

Edited by BRASSO

43 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yeah, after his nap I guess. He said he couldn't sneak one in at camp.

Like a Franciscan Monk in a Monastery, I have taken a solemn vow not to talk until June about earthly matters regarding the 2017 Boston Crusaders. The Mrs. even says she likes the New Me.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Only if you've put the Big Bird in your garage, and put all the rest of your toys away. ( by the way, are you still ridin' against the wind on that hog of yours, Ghost ? )

How dare you refer to Big Bird as a hog.  Leave that moniker for the Harley owners.  No wind issues recently, but that ride down to Laughlin, NV three weeks ago was a nice challenge.  Even at over 1,400 lbs (the bike itself is 1,200 or so) with me an the gear, it still felt the cross winds.  The problem with the Goldwing is that it has so much "tupper wear" that the only place for the wind to pass through is the front wheel and under the the rest of the bike which is about six inches off the ground.  It's one big sail. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ghost said:

How dare you refer to Big Bird as a hog.  Leave that moniker for the Harley owners.  No wind issues recently, but that ride down to Laughlin, NV three weeks ago was a nice challenge.  Even at over 1,400 lbs (the bike itself is 1,200 or so) with me an the gear, it still felt the cross winds.  The problem with the Goldwing is that it has so much "tupper wear" that the only place for the wind to pass through is the front wheel and under the the rest of the bike which is about six inches off the ground.  It's one big sail. 

Are those Utah roads easier or harder to ride  than back East, Ghost ? Less traffic would be my 1st thought, but arn't those roads out there pretty narrow, curvy, and thus maybe a little more challenging ?... Or not ?

Edited by BRASSO

42 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Calling a Goldwing a "hog"?  BLASPHEMY!  

46 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Are those Utah roads easier or harder to ride  than back East, Ghost ? Less traffic would be my 1st thought, but arn't those roads out there pretty narrow, curvy, and thus maybe a little more challenging ?... Or not ?

Definitely less crowded in SW UT and there are fewer idiots and we might hear first responder sirens once or twice a month.  Only about 140K in Washington County where we live.  Our ashes will be spread over Lake Winoa in Meredith, NH (the place my wife spent most of her Summers growing up) long before this area gets crowded.  Never a problem finding a parking spot even in late Feb. into March when there's many activities going on.  Longest either one of us has had to wait for a normal Dr. visit is maybe two weeks.  We are not happy with the hit we take each April from the state of UT, so we checked out some 55+ communities around Phoenix.  Nice places, but even in July, the area is crowded with many traffic lights, lines, etc.  We can only imagine how crowded it is in the Winter.  For now, we'll pay the tax hit and enjoy our peace and quiet around here.  And I have no complaints about playing softball in high dry heat with the humidity in the low 20's and the dew point also very low.  The dish rag weather back East for several months a year doesn't work for us and did I mention since coming out here in late 2010,  we've gone through at least three Winters with no snow and just a little dusting during the other ones.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Now back to the Boston Crusaders 2017 thread.

Reports are solid according to my sources that the Boston Crusaders will field a Corps and will compete in the World Class Division once again for the 2017 season. I promised to keep that info under wraps, but an overwhelming urge came over me to go public with that info. I hope it doesn't get me into trouble, or else I may never get such info again that I'm sworn to secrecy.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, BRASSO said:

Good camp weather this weekend for the Boston Crusaders... sunny, dry, low humidity, temps around 75-80.

Must be that global warming in the Boston area....oh wait....:bored:

• Like 1

Just now, MikeD said:

Must be that global warming in the Boston area....oh wait....:bored:

I think Global Warming has forced the frigid Corps to seek shelter in warm caves in the offseason now Mike. I don't know what they do in there all winter, but my guess is that they huddle over fire pits, sing chants, and draw cave paintings. But I'm not really sure, really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Now back to the Boston Crusaders 2017 thread.

Reports are solid according to my sources that the Boston Crusaders will field a Corps and will compete in the World Class Division once again for the 2017 season. I promised to keep that info under wraps, but an overwhelming urge came over me to go public with that info. I hope it doesn't get me into trouble, or else I may never get such info again that I'm sworn to secrecy.

I am feeling better about my spring training reports about Bluecoats now. Rumor has it they might field a WC corps this year ... but you didn't hear it from me.

• Like 1