Blurays, Corps VPD's, and Corps APD's. Which will you buy?

Blurays, CDs, VPDs, APDs  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to buy the 2016 World Championship Blurays and/or CDs?

• I plan to buy ONLY the Blurays
    • I plan to buy ONLY the CDs
    • I plan to buy BOTH the Blurays and CDs
    • I plan to buy NEITHER the Blurays nor CDs
  2. 2. Which VPDs do you plan to buy?

• Bluecoats
    • Blue Devils
    • Carolina Crown
    • SCV
    • Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • BK
    • Phantom
    • Blue Stars
    • Crossmen
    • Academy
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Madison Scouts
    • Troopers
    • Blue Devils B
    • Colts
    • Mandarins
    • Oregon Crusaders
    • Pacific Crest
    • Vanguard Cadets
    • Spirit
    • Cascades
    • Legends
    • Other
    • I won't be buying any VPDs
  3. 3. Which APDs do you plan to buy?

• Bluecoats
    • Blue Devils
    • Carolina Crown
    • SCV
    • Cavaliers
    • The Cadets
    • BK
    • Phantom
    • Blue Stars
    • Crossmen
    • Academy
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Madison
    • Troopers
    • Blue Devils B
    • Colts
    • Mandarins
    • Oregon Crusaders
    • Pacific Crest
    • Vanguard Cadets
    • Spirit
    • Cascades
    • Legends
    • Other
    • I won't be buying any APDs

I doubt that DCI will provide VPDs of any of the 13-25 place corps due to licensing costs, just like 2015. Only top 12 from finals. I hope I am wrong.

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I know the press release said they had the top 25 APD's up from last year, and I guess I was hoping that they would do the same for VPD this year.

With EVERYHING virtually available on YouTube to view and download for free (good for us certainly challenging for DCI Marketing) there is less incentive, need or reason to drop the kind of heavy coin to purchase DCI or any other for that matter, Audio/Video Products especially when you are on a fixed income!. HOWEVER, due to my personal affection and involvement with one particular Corps, I will purchase for the very first time (to be placed in my safe!) the Blu-ray and CD disks of the 2016 DCI World Championships, since this Corps will be included as a the Top 12 DCI World Championship finalist for the very first time. OK, no secret. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ACADEMY. I've been watching the replays of their "Drum Corpse Bride" performed at "Drum CORPSE International's Finals (Thank you Brandt Crocker, lol) non-stop since Thursday. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to mop the floor, peal myself off the ceiling, and now find myself needing to schedule Tear Duct Replacement Surgery. lol

• Like 1

With EVERYHING virtually available on YouTube to view and download for free (good for us certainly challenging for DCI Marketing) there is less incentive, need or reason to drop the kind of heavy coin to purchase DCI or any other for that matter, Audio/Video Products especially when you are on a fixed income!. HOWEVER, due to my personal affection and involvement with one particular Corps, I will purchase for the very first time (to be placed in my safe!) the Blu-ray and CD disks of the 2016 DCI World Championships, since this Corps will be included as a the Top 12 DCI World Championship finalist for the very first time. OK, no secret. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ACADEMY. I've been watching the replays of their "Drum Corpse Bride" performed at "Drum CORPSE International's Finals (Thank you Brandt Crocker, lol) non-stop since Thursday. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to mop the floor, peal myself off the ceiling, and now find myself needing to schedule Tear Duct Replacement Surgery. lol

Getting the high quality versions of both video and audio on youtube or anywhere else on the web isn't really that easy.

There weren't enough top 12 shows to justify buying the Blurays, and I'll only be buying 3 VPDs and zero APDs, personally. I'll use youtube for anything else.

• Like 1

I know cost can be an issue for many, but there is NOTHING that compares to the Bluray when it comes to video and audio quality. If you have a good system, it feels like you are there in the stadium. The pic is crystal clear, and the sound is huge and full. Tom Blair does a remarkable job with his staff. And, with the Bluray, its a physical product that you can control forever. No lost videos or audio recordings due to hard drives crashing, etc. if you take care of it, it's a lifetime of pure enjoyment.

• Like 2