Cadets 2017

Seriously, does anyone have knowledge of who the drill writer will be? Is it Marc Sylvester?

I cannot see Michael Gaines going to Cadets. I would picture him at Crown if he comes back to DCI.

What is the source of this Gaines rumor, or is it a troll?

Not sure MG does DCI anymore. If so, it wouldn't be Cadets IMO. Jeff Saktig would be ideal but I think that ship has sailed unless there are leadership changes. Darryl with Sully consulting and Salas also in the mix would probably be fine

Seriously, does anyone have knowledge of who the drill writer will be? Is it Marc Sylvester?

I cannot see Michael Gaines going to Cadets. I would picture him at Crown if he comes back to DCI.

Not sure MG does DCI anymore. If so, it wouldn't be Cadets IMO. Jeff Saktig would be ideal but I think that ship has sailed unless there are leadership changes. Darryl with Sully consulting and Salas also in the mix would probably be fine

SOA just announced that Sal Salas is returning as program coordinator. ???

Cadets made him an offer. That's where the rumor came from. Whether or not he will take it, I don't know. We'll just have to wait to hear. Groups make him offers all the time.

I am pretty confident that if he came back it wouldn't be Crown though.

Cadets made him an offer. That's where the rumor came from. Whether or not he will take it, I don't know. We'll just have to wait to hear. Groups make him offers all the time.

I am pretty confident that if he came back it wouldn't be Crown though.

And you know about this offer how and from where?

For those catching up over the Labor Day weekend and with the staff pages woefully behind for both '16 and '17 (they still had/have Joe Roche's stuff from 2015), here's what's been announced officially to date. I did not list what is rumored or presumed but only what was officially announced.

George Hopkins: Director

Design

Sal Salas, Program Coordinator

Dr, Jeremy Earnhart, Program Coordinator

Dr. Drew Shanefield: Brass Arranger

Tom Aungst, Percussion Arranger

? Front Ensemble Arranger

? Drill Designer

? Color Guard Designer

Brass

Dr. Drew Shanefield: Brass Arranger & Caption Supervisor

Michael Terry: Caption Manager

Scott Atchison

Dan Berard

Branden Hill

Dr. Aaron Witek

Nate Holland

Color Guard

Visual

Craig Sellers

Jeff Young

Joshua Brenneis

Conrad Isenhour

Julian Johnson

Battery

Jake Gall: Coordinator

Front Ensemble

Audio

Max Mullinix: Audio Designer

Geoff Schoeffel: Audio Manager

Reed Kimmel: Audio Engineer

You seem to be contradicting yourself...perhaps the title for Sal Salas was a bit premature? ..and yes I saw what you said in the other thread as an off-season role

And you know about this offer how and from where?

Because SURPRISE! I'm Michael Gaines! 😘

jk. No, because just like many of the people on these forums I have friends, staff, kids, pets, parents directly involved in the DCI activity.

You seem to be contradicting yourself...perhaps the title for Sal Salas was a bit premature? ..and yes I saw what you said in the other thread as an off-season role

Where's the contradiction? Are you creating a conflict out of thin air? There are two coordinators.

SOA just announced that Sal Salas is returning as program coordinator. ???

I do not know Sal. I do know of his past accomplishments. Most seem distant past accomplishments. I hope they add younger and more

varied design influences.