Cadets 2017

I feel that the acquisition of Tom Aungst by the Cadets is the most undervalued and significant move of this entire off season. I honestly don't believe that any other staff changes in DCI will have the positive affect of this great move by the Cadets.

Agreed. And it is a 5 year contract so there's more to the eye than just percussion cap head. I'm hoping Tom is given the latitude to revamp and develop the entire Cadet program bringing them back to the innovative corps it was up until around 2005. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

She yelled at me once for tripping over a staged flag during rehearsal in the beginning of the show in 2000 (unfortunately for the guard girl who was yelled at subsequent to that, she learned the hard way the importance of counting). From that day forward, I made sure to avoid that flag pole.

We marched together and she was intense then! Definitely influenced by Peggy, George Z and Sully. They were mean!!

Agreed. And it is a 5 year contract so there's more to the eye than just percussion cap head. I'm hoping Tom is given the latitude to revamp and develop the entire Cadet program bringing them back to the innovative corps it was up until around 2005.

Tom Aungst and I have been friends for years. We marched together in the Reading Buccaneers snare line before Tom joined the Cadets. I have heard some exciting things about Tom's future with the Cadets!

Tom Aungst and I have been friends for years. We marched together in the Reading Buccaneers snare line before Tom joined the Cadets. I have heard some exciting things about Tom's future with the Cadets!

Me too... 😉

I think we see The Cadets return to its former glory after a decade of missteps and disappointment.

• Like 2

I smile as I hear that whirring of the hype machine ramping up again in this annual ritual. One of these years it's gonna be right. Will 2017 be the year?

• Like 1

I smile as I hear that whirring of the hype machine ramping up again in this annual ritual. One of these years it's gonna be right. Will 2017 be the year?

Cadets will not make finals this year because as history has proven, they come out the gate with good intentions and end up screwing sh&t up.

That better?

With all the negativity we're dealing with today, it IS ok to be positive once in a while.

• Like 1

It could be!

Cadets will not make finals this year because as history has proven, they come out the gate with good intentions and end up screwing sh&t up.

That better?

With all the negativity we're dealing with today, it IS ok to be positive once in a while.

Every year we get ahead of ourselves. Every year we get let down. You came in with a fresh approach of - let's tone down the expectations. And for awhile it seemed people were going along. Then all of a sudden in the last several days - Boom! And we're revving it up again. I didn't feel as though I was being negative in pointing it out. But alas maybe that's how I came across. Sorry.

Every year we get ahead of ourselves. Every year we get let down. You came in with a fresh approach of - let's tone down the expectations. And for awhile it seemed people were going along. Then all of a sudden in the last several days - Boom! And we're revving it up again. I didn't feel as though I was being negative in pointing it out. But alas maybe that's how I came across. Sorry.

Following a huge staff exodus in August/Sept with that dissappointment, we're getting great reports from camp so we're just excited. A long winter ahead and who knows what the season brings BUT lots of positives so far. We'll take it!!
  • Like 1

My attitude hasn't changed. Just felt that it was ok to hear a little good news. As of this point, I am still proceeding with caution.