Cadets 2017

42 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Hoppy posted a video on his Facebook of a vocal ensemble. Said good progress has been made in that area. 

Yeah I just saw it. Gotta admit, they sound pretty freakin good. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Anybody recognize what the eight of them are singing?

Also, how did DCP's own noahsigs do?

Got the news a couple hours ago... I'm extremely honored to be the second tenor of The 2017 Cadets! I can't wait to continue working on what sounds like an incredible show with an incredible corps. I'll probably be a quite a bit less active on here in the coming months, but I'll still be around every once in a while to keep y'all in line. :tongue: Everyone, staff and members, have been incredibly kind and welcoming. Also, thanks so much for helping teach me about DCI and drum corps, I've learned a lot!

P.S. There is, of course, a small chance that I might not end up joining. No specific reason, but sometimes things come up. (I sure hope not!!!) In the meantime...

♪ O Holy Name, O Holy Name... ♪ :biggrin:

• Like 9

Wow. Sounds great. If they can successfully and innovatively integrate that with the brass, this could be special. Can't wait to find out the program

7 hours ago, noahsigs said:

P.S. There is, of course, a small chance that I might not end up joining. No specific reason, but sometimes things come up. (I sure hope not!!!) In the meantime...

With all due respect, why audition then?

As you stated, things do come up, but if you anticipate that, is it fair to the corps to not be 100% committed just after being offered a spot.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think it's absurd to audition, take a spot, and make that post.

Got the news a couple hours ago... I'm extremely honored to be the second tenor of The 2017 Cadets! I can't wait to continue working on what sounds like an incredible show with an incredible corps. I'll probably be a quite a bit less active on here in the coming months, but I'll still be around every once in a while to keep y'all in line. :tongue: Everyone, staff and members, have been incredibly kind and welcoming. Also, thanks so much for helping teach me about DCI and drum corps, I've learned a lot!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I guarantee you'll have a summer you'll never forget with The Cadets. Enjoy every moment of it!

As for me, I'm gonna have to rehab myself if I want to march by 2020 (I go to a college with no marching program).

Got the news a couple hours ago... I'm extremely honored to be the second tenor of The 2017 Cadets!

Well done!  May the negative possibilities never happen.  How many singers will the corps use on the field (still eight?) and will they keep extras?  Looks like they still need to cut some.