Cadets 2017

10 hours ago, gabe211 said:

Heard that they're doing some pretty cool stuff with that setup...like playing both boards at once.

Yes, the pit is doing some cool stuff with the set up. They seem to be in capable hands with the new staff. I attended Cadets camp Saturday and Sunday this past weekend.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, craiga said:

Congratulations to C. B.  He is a former student of mine who officially got a contract for tuba this weekend!

There were several brass contracts given out this weekend...I believe they are close to being set. Some very talented brass soloists in the line this year! 

• Like 1

Just now, dans said:

There were several brass contracts given out this weekend...I believe they are close to being set. Some very talented brass soloists in the line this year! 

Will they set the rest of the line in April? I thought Hop put on facebook that they don't have another camp until then.

13 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Will they set the rest of the line in April? I thought Hop put on facebook that they don't have another camp until then.

The calendar still has a camp slated for February. This is usually a brass only camp since the percussion and guard folks busy themselves with WGI. Some years it has been a snow-date make up camp if weather has nixed December or January. March has enough madness with so many Cadets involved in their university ensembles.  But public details this year may also be under the shako of silence.

Edited by xandandl

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

The calendar still has a camp slated for February. This is usually a brass only camp since the percussion and guard folks busy themselves with WGI. Some years it has been a snow-date make up camp if weather has nixed December or January. March has enough madness with so many Cadets involved in their university ensembles.  But public details this year may also be under the shako of silence.

Thanks for the heads up!

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

But public details this year may also be under the shako of silence.

So... they are wearing headgear this season?  :tongue:

• Like 1

so Cadets...

Battery & Pit percussion set - all contracts awarded. Pit is in "pod" set up as noted above

Corps performed about 11.5 minutes of show at ensemble

There will be a show announcement soon - they are finalizing copyright. The music they chose is tightly guarded so no announcement until papers signed

Brass line is nearly set - 3 more contracts to fill. Those will likely be given out during the March (brass only) camp

Guard about half set. The remaining group set after WGI

Percussion in great shape, lots of members back and strong rooks where needed. Percussion not in attendance next camp due to indoor season

I was not in attendance at camp (never been to one) but according to folks there the corps sounds very solid and percussion is especially strong

With the amount of blending the choir, large amounts of electronics in the show, the unusual pit set up - soundscape blending will be key. Some fresh folks working very hard on that aspect

Uniform folks were supposed to be on site to measure Cadets for new uniforms (also "top secret" lol)

Should be an interesting year for Cadets!

• Like 2