Cadets 2017

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

so Cadets...

Battery & Pit percussion set - all contracts awarded. Pit is in "pod" set up as noted above

Corps performed about 11.5 minutes of show at ensemble

There will be a show announcement soon - they are finalizing copyright. The music they chose is tightly guarded so no announcement until papers signed

Brass line is nearly set - 3 more contracts to fill. Those will likely be given out during the March (brass only) camp

Guard about half set. The remaining group set after WGI

Percussion in great shape, lots of members back and strong rooks where needed. Percussion not in attendance next camp due to indoor season

I was not in attendance at camp (never been to one) but according to folks there the corps sounds very solid and percussion is especially strong

With the amount of blending the choir, large amounts of electronics in the show, the unusual pit set up - soundscape blending will be key. Some fresh folks working very hard on that aspect

Uniform folks were supposed to be on site to measure Cadets for new uniforms (also "top secret" lol)

Should be an interesting year for Cadets!

"show announcement soon" I hate the word 'soon'

• Like 1

What's amazing me is that across DCI (corps, members, family, faculty) there has been such a cone of quiet about show music and themes almost everywhere.. Amazing.

Since Cadets do winter camps still in NJ, it's not surprising that the Route 17 Bada-bing crowd are enforcing the Vow of Omerta.            At Most Holy Name in Garfield bitd, it was simply called the "seal of confession.:"

Image result

Edited by xandandl

41 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

so Cadets...

Battery & Pit percussion set - all contracts awarded. Pit is in "pod" set up as noted above

Corps performed about 11.5 minutes of show at ensemble

There will be a show announcement soon - they are finalizing copyright. The music they chose is tightly guarded so no announcement until papers signed

Brass line is nearly set - 3 more contracts to fill. Those will likely be given out during the March (brass only) camp

Guard about half set. The remaining group set after WGI

Percussion in great shape, lots of members back and strong rooks where needed. Percussion not in attendance next camp due to indoor season

I was not in attendance at camp (never been to one) but according to folks there the corps sounds very solid and percussion is especially strong

With the amount of blending the choir, large amounts of electronics in the show, the unusual pit set up - soundscape blending will be key. Some fresh folks working very hard on that aspect

Uniform folks were supposed to be on site to measure Cadets for new uniforms (also "top secret" lol)

Should be an interesting year for Cadets!

Uggh, we said this last year. :lle:

Edited by 2000Cadet

48 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Uggh, we said this last year. :lle:

and I liked last year and found the show very interesting.. it remains one of my favorites of their's in quite a while (along with 2013)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Maybe April, but yes, possibly early May

if not, pretty confident by early June.

If not, fully confident by mid June.