Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, wallace said:

Are you implying you're willing to sacrifice nearly a decade of rebuilding a brand to make a point?

I hope not.  Your last sentence led me to think you might be really upset/disappointed/frustrated if the Cadets hit a tough placement period similar to what the Cavies had and are doing quite well now to get back in the medal hunt.  I'm with those Cadet fans, even with the off season staff changes, who are confident they will stay competitive.

Edited by Ghost

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets will tour with 3 tractor trailers this year - show has "lots of props on the field" 

Brass line still looking for 2 tubas

ST will begin either May 16 or May 21 - date on hold due to NY Philharmonic performance in June

Next weekend is last Cadets camp until April 

Cool info, but I guess discovering the music book is still like Battalion's '17 show theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAtiuWfqfA

Edited by xandandl

10 hours ago, xandandl said:

Cool info, but I guess discovering the music book is still like Battalion's '17 show theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAtiuWfqfA

getting very close to announcing the show title etc... I'm glad they are flushing the idea out fully and locking copyright etc into place before putting it out there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

getting very close to announcing the show title etc... I'm glad they are flushing the idea out fully and locking copyright etc into place before putting it out there

I'm almost hoping they keep things close to their vests and come out in June and surprise everyone. Maybe a few clips here and there but nothing more than stimulating interest 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

I see what you did there, but I had to squint. :-)

Where were the two lost tubas last seen?

They were last seen running towards the corner arugula store before it closed.:laughing:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tobias said:

I'm almost hoping they keep things close to their vests and come out in June and surprise everyone. Maybe a few clips here and there but nothing more than stimulating interest 

I think that's the adopted approach. 

We'll get a title and partial repertoire but no where near the level of live streams etc we've seen in the past

I'm supportive of a moderate approach - I don't feel off season "silence" is a positive for the organization or the activity - but I do believe a little less is more. The last couple years us Cadets fans pretty much knew the program (even the drill) backwards and forwards before the Indy debut. Sort of took some air out of the excitement balloon 

Sharing some warm up stuff, maybe a short snip of show music and some other non-show content the next couple months will get us hyped

G.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2017 at 8:21 PM, George Dixon said:

Cadets will tour with 3 tractor trailers this year - show has "lots of props on the field" 

Brass line still looking for 2 tubas

ST will begin either May 16 or May 21 - date on hold due to NY Philharmonic performance in June

Next weekend is last Cadets camp until April 

Oh gosh not again with the props...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Oh gosh not again with the props...

every corps has lots of props anymore

Coats did. BD did. Crown did. SCV did. Cavaliers did. Cadets did. I'm trying to think of which Top 12 corps did not. Phantom maybe? 

We're in a prop era. It will swing the other way again most likely...

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Coats did. BD did. Crown did. SCV did. Cavaliers did. Cadets did. I'm trying to think of which Top 12 corps did not. Phantom maybe? 

Since I'm in the Cadets thread, I am focused on the Cadets' usage of props, which over the past few years, haven't been effective. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

With the props come added costs: the material itself and its construction, vehicle(s) to move them to shows, roadies to move them onto the field while corps members are moving judge blockers, front ensemble percussion instruments, etc.

Maybe that's why GH recently posted that he wanted 250 members in DCI.:laughing:

Edited by xandandl