Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, Brass34 said:

The trumpets have had control of the Cadets official Snapchat story this weekend. They went around and introduced themselves, and it seemed like a lot of first year Cadets in that section 

Lots from C2. Rookies with Cadets experience. Can't beat that..

55 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I know the mello section leader from last year, and he isn't returning. I believe he is now contracted with BD. But it definitely feels like the start of a new era in Cadetland

Cadets will always find talented kids that want to be Cadets. That's been going on for 80+ years. Give them a good design team and they'll be very competitive. 

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Lmfao we're not divas lol....ok, maybe SOME of us are. :laughing:

What's that giant "D" on your back for then?? lmao:whistle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

What's that giant "D" on your back for then?? lmao:whistle:

Oh, that was a prank done by some of my fellow sailors when I was new to the navy. :laughing:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Oh, that was a prank done by some of my fellow sailors when I was new to the navy. :laughing:

I am being VERY good... not touching that with a :devil: .....never mind...my dad was in the navy...I have heard the stories lol.

Just now, jonwoody said:

I am being VERY good... not touching that with a :devil: .....never mind...my dad was in the navy...I have heard the stories lol.

You know, after I posted that, I knew it was kinda setting myself up for failure. :laughing:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

You know, after I posted that, I knew it was kinda setting myself up for failure. :laughing:

It's ok.... what people don't know won't hurt them. (Whispers... I am good at keeping secrets lol.):silly:

• Like 1

So from GH FB live:

cadets back to traditional colors of maroon, cream and gold. 

Marching 70 brass, 36 guard, 19 battery to allow for 8 vocalists. FE please calculate. Show music all finished with stops and gaps for Percussion, guard features but kids have it all. 

Transparency will return soon as music licensing agreements signed. Cadets will remain the transparent corps. 

Design team very ahead of schedule. Have had numerous meetings (many more than probably any past year due to them all living within an hour+ of each other. Visuals written, props designed, unis designed, moving along very well. As per GH.)

He will hold webinars every Sunday to keep us updated. 

Good stuff.

• Like 1

Really glad to see such an honest and interesting facebook live from George Hopkins. He gave a lot of background info, and explained that music licensing concerns --not competitive reasons-- are the reason they haven't announced anything publicly. 

He he also talked a lot about the uniform to costume progression, so it'll be interesting to see what the cadets look like this year. (He did assure everyone that it would be burgandy and cream.)

Though he didn't say anything specific about the music, he did talk about getting help from the NY Phil to help arrange permission, how the rights holders didn't want mash ups, and talked about how they were going to try to pay homage to modern Cadet history. I have an inkling about what that might mean, and can't wait to see if I'm right. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tobias said:

cadets back to traditional colors of maroon, cream and gold. 

' best news heard yet out of the Cadets this offseason, imo

• Like 2