Cadets 2017

49 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

This is the smallest brass line that the Cadets have had in many years. BUT... 70 seems large enough to do the job for them nonetheless, imo

They marched 70 in 2015 and won  high brass

Last year they marched 72 (73 if you count the trumpet soloist) - 2 extra on mellophone I believe compared to 2015

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

So from GH FB live:

cadets back to traditional colors of maroon, cream and gold. 

Marching 70 brass, 36 guard, 19 battery to allow for 8 vocalists. FE please calculate. Show music all finished with stops and gaps for Percussion, guard features but kids have it all. 

Transparency will return soon as music licensing agreements signed. Cadets will remain the transparent corps. 

Design team very ahead of schedule. Have had numerous meetings (many more than probably any past year due to them all living within an hour+ of each other. Visuals written, props designed, unis designed, moving along very well. As per GH.)

He will hold webinars every Sunday to keep us updated. 

Good stuff.

Not terribly excited about the transparency stuff, but I am happy they've not released a lot of information as early as they did in previous years. I guess both sides can be happy. 

The uniform? I won't judge until I see it. I hope it's classy and not something like what Bluecoats had last year (not a swipe at Bluecoats, just meaning it should be unique to THE CADETS and not trying to be like Bluecoats). 

To hear the design team being ahead of schedule is A LOT better than what went on last year (but again, I will be more of a better judge when I see the product). 

I hope there are some great horn, guard and drum features as well. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They marched 70 in 2015 and won  high brass

I could have sworn the Cadets marched 76 brass in 2015, but I'll defer to you, as you'd know better than me on this.

Incidentally, don't the Cadets hold the record for fielding the largest hornline in DCI one year, George ? Didn't they once go with over 80 brass one season ( 85? ) or something like that ?

Edited by BRASSO

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I could have sworn the Cadets marched 76 brass in 2015, but I'll defer to you, as you'd know better than me on this.

Incidentally, don't the Cadets hold the record for fielding the largest hornline in DCI one year, George ? Didn't they once go with over 80 brass one season ( 85? ) or something like that ?

They used 70 many other recent seasons - and 72 a few others

85 they used 80 for part of the show and got killed by the visual judges

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

85 they used 80 for part of the show and got killed by the visual judges

'85? Didn't they win that season?

34 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

The uniform? I won't judge until I see it. I hope it's classy and not something like what Bluecoats had last year (not a swipe at Bluecoats, just meaning it should be unique to THE CADETS and not trying to be like Bluecoats). 

To hear the design team being ahead of schedule is A LOT better than what went on last year (but again, I will be more of a better judge when I see the product). 

I hope there are some great horn, guard and drum features as well. 

Me neither.  Joe H. has been know to be...um...interesting at times.  OTOH if they are 'reaching back' they may go for something more conservative.  It's gonna be interesting to see where they take this.