Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

No. Cadets new Visual Designer ( in Drum Corps anyway ) mostly worked with the DCA Corps primarily ( Reading Buccaneers for one ), before given the opportunity to write for the Cadets this season. I believe he also wrote the drill for Jersey Surf a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken. George Dixon would know better than me, however. But Pemberton is out at Cadets, re. drill writing.

Yep... Buccaneers and Hawthorne Caballeros with DCA... also wrote drill for DCA's Sunrisers the past couple of seasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

They actually didn't. Far fewer meetings and fewer folks got to the meeting

If this was the case....then why didn't you folks say last season "Hey George, something is rotten in the state of Denmark?"

Edited by Liahona

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Hopkins FB:

We have not finalized the location of the performance but we will be hosting the top three corps based on the 2016 DCI Finals rankings who are in town for the DCI Orlando show.

The three will be Cadets, Crown, Cavaliers.

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

If this was the case....then why didn't you folks say last season "Hey George, something is rotten in the state of Denmark?"

For what purpose? 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

For what purpose? 

Perhaps to FIX the inherent problems early on...if that was at all possible...my personal belief is that the cadets are EXTREMELY resilient...While the season was not a disaster per se...from cadets standards I believe it was indeed just that...BUT I'm looking from the outside in...so I may be completely off-base here...and will respect those in the know to put me in my place if you feel I'm talking just a load of bunk...

40 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Who knew until they came out of ST. 

Just now, Tobias said:

Who knew until they came out of ST. 

Not even then.  Remember -- the interviews with the performers were in CotC.  The reporting here --- even by those who were often at ST -- was quite different at the time.  Hype was in full swing.  Cadets had made the transition to staging successfully.  All sections were strong.  And much much more! 

19 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Not even then.  Remember -- the interviews with the performers were in CotC.  The reporting here --- even by those who were often at ST -- was quite different at the time.  Hype was in full swing.  Cadets had made the transition to staging successfully.  All sections were strong.  And much much more! 

clearly the brass and percussion were strong in the winter videos - so that got all of us "hyped" - nothing wrong with that

in all honesty I saw them at ST once and thought it looked pretty good... for ten days into spring training

by the time we saw them in OH prior to Indy issues started to become obvious - folks started commenting here and elsewhere of top 3 music and 8th place visual

you keep pushing this "hype" that I didn't see too much of last year - why is that? 

who "reported here who was often at ST"??? 

I know George was upset (called me a liar) when I said "if you had read his hype" so I won't mention him at all. 

BUT....

Go back and read what you were saying.  I think you'll be surprised at you all reacted to the first viewing of this show.

Here's a link back to June 4th (the preview that GH gave on his phone for donors but then let everyone see it)

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/163418-cadets-2016/&page=340

Y'all were excited and happy.  It's only AFTER the season (and after the CotC was shown) that all this revisionist history started seeping into everyone's mind.  

•  it isn't giving off a championship vibe just yet :)
  • Definitely getting a 2005 vibe here.
  • Late to the party again, but daaaaaaamn did they sound and look amazing. I'm so excited for 2016. So excited!
  • Holy ####. I was not a fan of their musical programming when announced but boy does it work well on the field. They even managed to make Fountains of Rome interesting again. And that ballad. <swoon>

• Like 1