Cadets 2017

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Is taking things out of context fun for you?

you should work for CNN!

*Fox

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Sure.  But saying "they've learned their lesson" isn't.  We don't know.  In fact even after seeing the show you won't know.  I guess that's where I was going.  

And it's also why Tekk is completely backing off hype.  Just the facts, Ma'am .  Just the facts.

I also think it's possible to discuss new information and extrapolate or compare to past seasons without it falling under the "hype" category.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

I also think it's possible to discuss new information and extrapolate or compare to past seasons without it falling under the "hype" category.

don't disagree.  

and don't think there's anything wrong with hyping either.

Edited by corpsband

2 minutes ago, corpsband said:

and don't think there's anything wrong with hyping either.

I'd hope not haha. You do a decent amount of it yourself. I think it's great to boost excitement in the offseason. No point in being pessimistic 

3 hours ago, Brass34 said:

I'd hope not haha. You do a decent amount of it yourself. I think it's great to boost excitement in the offseason. No point in being pessimistic 

64559040.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jonwoody said:

I am hoping that any props they use will be professionally made and not look like they were made in somebodies uncles garage.

Lmfao you are absolutely PRICELESS! :laughing:

11 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Yep... Buccaneers and Hawthorne Caballeros with DCA... also wrote drill for DCA's Sunrisers the past couple of seasons.

But how well will his experience transfer into DCI? That's my BIGGEST worry.

9 hours ago, corpsband said:

I know George was upset (called me a liar) when I said "if you had read his hype" so I won't mention him at all. 

BUT....

Go back and read what you were saying.  I think you'll be surprised at you all reacted to the first viewing of this show.

Here's a link back to June 4th (the preview that GH gave on his phone for donors but then let everyone see it)

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/163418-cadets-2016/&page=340

Y'all were excited and happy.  It's only AFTER the season (and after the CotC was shown) that all this revisionist history started seeping into everyone's mind.  

•  it isn't giving off a championship vibe just yet :)
  • Definitely getting a 2005 vibe here.
  • Late to the party again, but daaaaaaamn did they sound and look amazing. I'm so excited for 2016. So excited!
  • Holy ####. I was not a fan of their musical programming when announced but boy does it work well on the field. They even managed to make Fountains of Rome interesting again. And that ballad. <swoon>

I am SO GLAD you included that link as it clearly gives the reason as to why I am keeping my emotions in check. It's all about credibility for me. I was one of the biggest hype machines last year and I feel that my credibility was shot by the end of the season. There is no way I will be that way this year; in fact, I will more than likely be a huge critic throughout the summer unless their show proves to me that I throw someone else's babies at them.

No one is hyping 2017. We've heard nothing. Some very good staff changes, yes, brass and Percussion lines filled with talented kids that want to be Cadets, yes, staff seems they have a clear understanding and direction in design as per GH, yes, returning to traditional colors albeit a modern design in unis, yes. I'll take this all as positive but no one is hyping anything in feb. Most Cadets homers learned a big  lesson after the abomination of a season we endured in 2016.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Most Cadets homers learned a big  lesson after the abomination of a season we endured in 2016.

I feel some of us can replace "Cadets" with there favorite corps, but abomination might be a little too harsh.

Yeah honestly there hasn't been the "hype" like in past years. Just good vibes. Good vibes man.