Cadets 2017

52 minutes ago, Tobias said:

No one is hyping 2017. We've heard nothing. Some very good staff changes, yes, brass and Percussion lines filled with talented kids that want to be Cadets, yes, staff seems they have a clear understanding and direction in design as per GH, yes, returning to traditional colors albeit a modern design in unis, yes. I'll take this all as positive but no one is hyping anything in feb. Most Cadets homers learned a big  lesson after the abomination of a season we endured in 2016.

Yeah, I was specifically talking about MYSELF.

41 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I feel some of us can replace "Cadets" with there favorite corps, but abomination might be a little too harsh.

For Cadets family, it was an abomination. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

But how well will his experience transfer into DCI? That's my BIGGEST worry.

Good point... and we shall see, as the saying goes.  LOL.

One thing... Bobby's work with the Buccaneers and Caballeros... he's been known for doing a good job at staging.  All the elements in the right place at the right time.

17 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

One thing... Bobby's work with the Buccaneers and Caballeros... he's been known for doing a good job at staging.  All the elements in the right place at the right time.

Staging is the key in DCI more so than drill.  I'm sure drill wise, he'll also be an asset to Cadets.

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

DCA is a great circuit for newcomers ( staffers, marchers ) to cut their teeth and receive some great Drum Corps experience. Most of the marchers there are looking for a cost effective, limited tour experience ( mostly weekends ). Given the time constraints, the corps there and its marchers put out a fine product, imo. But its not DCI.

Bobby Jones, the  new Program Coordinator and Visual Designer for The Cadets, has lots of experience with DCA Corps Show Design.  ( Hawthorne Caballeros, Reading Buccaneers, Sunrisers )He's even produced 1st place Show Designs there for the Reading Buccaneers a few years ago. His experience with DCI Corps designs has been with the 2006 Crossmen ( 15th ), and recent years with Jersey Surf ( 20th-28th ). He has never produced a DCI Top 12 Visual Design for any DCI Corps. On the other hand, to be fair, he has never been given the reigns to a DCI Corps the last 10 years that was in the mix for a Top 12 placement position either. The fact that Jones has not produced a top tier Visual Program for any DCI Corps does not mean that he can not. It only means that he has been given an outstanding opportunity now to show the DCI world that he is capable of doing so. So it will be interesting to see what Jones has up his sleeve for the 2017 Cadets who really need him to step up to the plate and hit it out of the park for them this season on the Visual side.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

DCA is a great circuit for newcomers ( staffers, marchers ) to cut their teeth and receive some great Drum Corps experience. Most of the marchers there are looking for a cost effective, limited tour experience ( mostly weekends ). Given the time constraints, the corps there and its marchers put out a fine product, imo. But its not DCI.

Bobby Jones, the  new Program Coordinator and Visual Designer for The Cadets, has lots of experience with DCA Corps Show Design.  ( Hawthorne Caballeros, Reading Buccaneers, Sunrisers )He's even produced 1st place Show Designs there for the Reading Buccaneers a few years ago. His experience with DCI Corps designs has been with the 2006 Crossmen ( 15th ), and recent years with Jersey Surf ( 20th-28th ). He has never produced a DCI Top 12 Visual Design for any DCI Corps. On the other hand, to be fair, he has never been given the reigns to a DCI Corps the last 10 years that was in the mix for a Top 12 placement position either. The fact that Jones has not produced a top tier Visual Program for any DCI Corps does not mean that he can not. It only means that he has been given an outstanding opportunity now to show the DCI world that he is capable of doing so. So it will be interesting to see what Jones has up his sleeve for the 2017 Cadets who really need him to step up to the plate and hit it out of the park for them this season on the Visual side.

Plus he'll have a creative staff around him that DOES have plenty of DCI experience to guide him and a caliber of membership that are very quick, competent learners.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Plus he'll have a creative staff around him that DOES have plenty of DCI experience to guide him

Yes.  George Hopkins, presumably will do much of this guiding on the Program and Visual/ Guard side, with Kristy still there to guide Jones on the Guard side. Its reasonable to assume that they'll be no shortage of guidance for Jones should he need it at any point this season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I feel like by the end of the season Gino wil be missed dearly.

I missed him since the announcement that he was leaving. However, I think giving the new staff a little of the benefit of the doubt would be a good thing.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I feel like by the end of the season Gino wil be missed dearly.

I know DCA's Buccaneers certainly are happy to have him back.  LOL.  Arguably the best in the business... or at the very least, on the "very best" short list, for sure.

• Like 1