Cadets 2017

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Expect Cadets show announcement in the next couple Mondays - depending on when papers are signed and executed. 

I'd expect a "FB Live" video with Hopkins and probably the brass and percussion and drill guys to discuss a brief overview of the repertoire and the show arc/concept

I do think the reaction will be quite positive. Cadets are going back to their recent "roots" in a way

Re: DCI bias against the Cadets, I've never seen it. I think all the corps are treated equally with the possible exception of the Blue Devils. I specifically referenced 2007 because there was zero reasons BD should have beaten Cadets on semifinals or finals night. It wasn't close. Yet on the scores sheets Cadets were in second. It was the oddest thing I've ever seen

There are other "debatable" years such as 93 - Cadets were fabulous and Star was way ahead of it's time - those two corps were very evenly matched. I think most would recognize either (or a tie) as a reasonable outcome. 

BD is a question mark a few years. I thought Crown should have won in 2009. I don't think the judges scores caught up with a rapidly improving Crown corps the last week to 10 days

BD sponsors DCI via "System Blue" and many many judge connections via WGI to the DCI judging community. So there's a bit to cause questions in people's minds

Most years I think DCI does a good job with the scores. It's subjective so everyone is never going to agree 100%

Yeah I disagree with you about BD, but I also think we will get The Cadets show theme soon.

48 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Yeah I disagree with you about BD, but I also think we will get The Cadets show theme soon.

most of what I said about BD is fact - not an opinion

I guess you mean you disagree that they are favorably treated. Totally get that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Well you now have many people on staff who have dealt with GH and orchestrated a mass exodus (hardly caring what it would do to the Cadets by taking techs and attempting to take members) so you really think judges that have no personal connection to Cadets woukd remain 100% objective after dealing with him? 

what's awesome is the number of members who left you can count on one set of hands, if that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

most of what I said about BD is fact - not an opinion

I guess you mean you disagree that they are favorably treated. Totally get that.

Well I am a BD fan.

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Well you now have many people on staff who have dealt with GH and orchestrated a mass exodus (hardly caring what it would do to the Cadets by taking techs and attempting to take members) so you really think judges that have no personal connection to Cadets woukd remain 100% objective after dealing with him? 

Oh.... NOW  I think I see where you are attempting to go with this. The Cadets have won 10 DCI Titles under GH's watch , despite your alleged " Anti- Cadets " bias you are seeing within the DCI judging community toward the Cadets. I've been following DCI since its inception in 1972, but had never heard before that there was a DCI judging community " anti- Cadets " conspiracy that has hurt the placements of the Cadets over the years. Judges do have their likes and dislikes, so that does come to the fore. But  judges are not out to underscore the Cadets because they might not like " the personality " of any Corps Director.. in this case, the Corps Director of the Cadets. That sounds preposterous, and downright silly. But I do think I might have van inkling on why this sudden, unheard of before, DCI judging community alleged " anti- Cadets" conspiracy bias to underscore the Cadets might be surfacing now, The Cadets had their worst placement season in decades last season. If there should be further placement slide this season, it could help if there was a before the season narrative created of an " anti- Cadets " DCI judging community conspiracy at work for their scores. This way, the diminishment of placement can be explained as something that is beyond the control of the Cadets.. out of their hands... and really the fault of DCI for not providing the Cadets with fair and honest judges. Guess what ?.. that narrative might work in some quarters of CadetsLand, but that narrative won't work with most national fans, imo. Not when there is this silly unprecedented claim surfacing now of  judge bias within the DCI Judging community... a DCI judging community that has been more than fair toward the Cadets over the last  4 decades in their 10 DCI winning Titles in which the DCI judging community has awarded the Cadets deserving DCI Titles..... ALL 10 of these Titles while under George Hopkins watch as the Cadets Corps Director too, it should be pointed out.

Edited by BRASSO

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Surely you are not implying that the state of New Jersey is more " traditional" than the southern state of Florida. And if you are telling us that there is more " lose living " in New Jersey ( a state " losing " population) then you'll get no disagreement  from me with that point .( haha... oh just kidding too )

Allentown/Bethlehem is Mennonite and Moravian country. In fact, the Cadets practiced at Moravian College for many years.

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Allentown/Bethlehem is Mennonite and Moravian country. In fact, the Cadets practiced at Moravian College for many years.

Well thats it then... this clinches it for me me that they must be Holier Than Thou.

Edited by BRASSO