Cadets 2017

11 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

I don't follow your logic.  You seem to be suggesting that the same judging community that awarded Crown the championship over BD in 2013 soured on them the in 2014 because... they realized they were wrong the previous year??

I don't see why you just can't accept that maybe Crown's show in 2014 wasn't as good as other corps that year.  No, no, no... that can't be.  Must be the judges getting back at themselves for not giving BD a ring one year.

Just an observation. Any corps other than BD winning seems to tank the following year. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

I don't follow your logic.  You seem to be suggesting that the same judging community that awarded Crown the championship over BD in 2013 soured on them the in 2014 because... they realized they were wrong the previous year??

I don't see why you just can't accept that maybe Crown's show in 2014 wasn't as good as other corps that year.  No, no, no... that can't be.  Must be the judges getting back at themselves for not giving BD a ring one year.

I just rewatched the Crown 2014 show. Arguably the best "5th" place show ever. I just think there's a herd mentality with judges. A chief judge sours on a show and by mid/end season the entire judging community (all captions) is pissing on the show). I guess I like what I like and when scores don't confirm that, I'm baffled. Scores and placements shouldn't be so important to me but that's what I remember marching.

Edited by Tobias

22 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Another Hop talk tonight

Hopefully the Green Shirts aren't watching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

I just rewatched the Crown 2014 show. Arguably the best "5th" place show ever. I just think there's a herd mentality with judges. A chief judge sours on a show and by mid/end season the entire judging community (all captions) is pissing on the show). I guess I like what I like and when scores don't confirm that, I'm baffled. Scores and placements shouldn't be so important to me but that's what I remember marching.

Crown 2014 had a lot of issues. I feel they were placed fairly. But yes - a very strong corps for fifth place. Much like Cadets in 4th in 2015

• Like 1

21 hours ago, corpsband said:

Buzz's golf cart made it all the way from the The Villages  to Bradenton?  Wow!  

Stage coaches and golf carts are just modes of transportation to get you where you're going, that's all. Stage Coaches are too dam slow, and thus not allowed on public streets, nor on golf courses anymore in the state of Florida.  Besides, the horses stop and poop too much,  and their hourly business holds up the golfers who are trying to get to their golf courses for their next round of golf.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Just an observation. Any corps other than BD winning seems to tank the following year. 

BD is EXTREMELY consistent. Other corps are not as consistent 

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

where is this photo of which you spoke?

The poster we used to know on this thead as Tobias, but now is a BAC clone, has not answered this question when I asked here and when someone else asked on the BAC thread this afternoon.  That's consistent, just like the horse poop and BD but consistency here is not a virtue.

2 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Another Hop talk tonight

' hope it don't go past midnite, I've had a long weekend.