Cadets 2017

11 minutes ago, dans said:

George Hopkins: Program Coordinator 

Oh my. This is a buzz kill for my excitement about the 2017 Cadets. 

He was also program coordinator in 1987, 2000, 1993, 1989 etc. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

He was also program coordinator in 1987, 2000, 1993, 1989 etc. 

That was a different time; the activity has changed. The Cadets need fresh ideas, not Hopkins tired old ideas. This is very disappointing.

49 minutes ago, dans said:

That was a different time; the activity has changed. The Cadets need fresh ideas, not Hopkins tired old ideas. This is very disappointing.

He was also program coordinator in 2011. Was that a different era?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The only assumption I made  this afternoon 2000Cadet, is that its ( my words)  "probably an innocuous, no big deal thing " that they could have left. . Again,  the two  were publically highly touted in the Fall by GH on facebook for their expertise in Corps Show Design & Programming. But  perhaps they've left the Cadets too for one reason or another. Its also entirely possible that Sal IS still remaining with the Cadets after being hired by GH in the Fall. Again, nobody really  seems to know on here it would seem.

You seemed to assume that cadets fans and alums have information about it since there is a "cone of silence". I could be wrong, but I doubt it. As I said before, since you seem to be entitled to information, you should go ask the source. 

11 hours ago, dans said:

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

The rootng against a drum corps is cracking me up. 

We should wait until the show title comes out and we actually see what it's about before we jump to conclusions. The activity has changed quite a bit but at the same time, The Cadets have had some successes with their design (2011 for example). Hopefully, we will see a great product this summer, hopefully. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

We should wait until the show title comes out and we actually see what it's about before we jump to conclusions. The activity has changed quite a bit but at the same time, The Cadets have had some successes with their design (2011 for example). Hopefully, we will see a great product this summer, hopefully. 

Totally agree. That's the camp I'm in. It's those who seem to automatically assume the worst that drive me nuts. I'm hoping!

God I just watched the Cadets 2013 show. WOW. Forgot how great they were...Great show (towers and all)..

• Like 2