Cadets 2017

32 minutes ago, Eleran said:

No one seems to think twice about coming on here and criticizing another certain DCI Hall of Famer on a practically daily basis.

True... and as the saying goes... " 2 wrongs don't make a right"... also, there is nothing wrong with people posting criticisms of DCI staffers on here, nor with people calling out those criticisms as either legit, or BS. Readers decide for themselves what criticisms seem believable, and which seem more like sour grapes, or whatever. That's what what a discussion board does. People give their opinions, or " facts " as they tell us they are and then people are given an opportunity to respond to that criticism of a staffer. Some people in Corps have credibility however, and others... well less so... as THEIR actions in the past have shown some behaviors that call into legitimate question how they are perceived by many outsiders... if you get my drift, and if you are referring to a certain Corps Director as the DCI " Hall of Famer " that shall remain nameless for the moment. As such, all DCI Hall of Famers are not treated alike, as some have had great history of treating other colleagues in the activity well, and the other..... well... lets just say... there has been LOTS of criticisms of him both within and outside his Corps over the years. So not all " DCI Hall of Famers " equally get the benefit of the doubt when criticisms in the public square comes their way, as some Hall of Famers have a reputation of established solid credibility that another regrettably, does not in many quarters.

Edited by BRASSO

7 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

This is exactly why I do not buy the idea that Jeff was hampered. Gino's and Jeff's tentacles reach far and wide and many people have had positive experiences working with them. Obviously we cannot know exactly what went on unless we were actually there, but in my opinion, reputation speaks louder than what is posted on an internet forum.

Yeah.. you tell'em mister.. give it to them..hard :fight:no harder..:whip:.. no harder still...:starwars:yes..my kinda guy:worthy::master:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Leeks taste like onions (this response will surely p#ss off those who complain this thread has derailed).

what the @#$%&^%*&^#$@!:blow:

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

No one seems to think twice about coming on here and criticizing another certain DCI Hall of Famer on a practically daily basis.

1 minute ago, jonwoody said:

I blame Trump... no wait..The Media....no that's wrong too...Short people... nah wrong again...DCP...ummm maybe....:lol:

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

Just wait 'til he's hired by BAC.  This has nothing to do with the personalities involved.  It has everything to do with BAC's shiny new staff.  

Sally was sad.  She watched Johnny and Susie playing with their toys and she thought "It's just not fair.  They have better toys.  Of course they have more fun".   

So Sally made a plan.  She would steal a couple of toys from Johnny and Susie snd then SHE'D have more fun.   So she did.

And Sally was still mad. 

Johnny said "I was tired of that toy anyway".  And Susie said "And that one wasn't really my favorite".

And Sally started yelling "Don't call my toys bad names !!"

And she yelled and yelled.  And stomped her feet.  

Poor, poor Sally.  She cried and cried all the way home.  

The End.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Keeping this completely off the rails...what pray tell is an Italian hot dog?  Would that be a grilled sausage with onions and peppers from the guy outside of  Fenway Park?

It's definitely a "Jersey thing."  LOL.  I'll try to describe it:

It's basically one, two, or three hot dogs  (usually deep-fried) inside a bread pocket... then add grilled peppers and onions, and home-fried potatoes. You can also have mustard or ketchup squirted in if you'd like. I prefer mustard.

Sounds like a ridiculous combination of stuff, I know... but honest to God, it's delicious.

There are a bunch of places in NJ... particularly North Jersey... that sell these things. Jimmy Buff's might be the most well-known.

Edited by Fran Haring

7 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Just wait 'til he's hired by BAC.  This has nothing to do with the personalities involved.  It has everything to do with BAC's shiny new staff.  

Sally was sad.  She watched Johnny and Susie playing with their toys and she thought "It's just not fair.  They have better toys.  Of course they have more fun".   

So Sally made a plan.  She would steal a couple of toys from Johnny and Susie snd then SHE'D have more fun.   So she did.

And Sally was still mad. 

Johnny said "I was tired of that toy anyway".  And Susie said "And that one wasn't really my favorite".

And Sally started yelling "Don't call my toys bad names !!"

And she yelled and yelled.  And stomped her feet.  

Poor, poor Sally.  She cried and cried all the way home.  

The End.

Can you explain the BAC reference?  I am getting a little lost in all the back and forth sniping.

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

It's definitely a "Jersey thing."  LOL.  I'll try to describe it:

It's basically one, two, or three hot dogs  (usually deep-fried) inside a bread pocket... then add grilled peppers and onions, and home-fried potatoes. You can also have mustard or ketchup squirted in if you'd like.

Sounds like a ridiculous combination of stuff, I know... but honest to God, it's delicious.

There are a bunch of places in NJ... particularly North Jersey... that sell these things. Jimmy Buff's might be the most well-known.

And you eat this in an ambulance and head right to the ER?  Good lord that sound death defying.  I wish you the best of you've eaten many of these.