Cadets 2017

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

And you eat this in an ambulance and head right to the ER?  Good lord that sound death defying.  I wish you the best of you've eaten many of these.

Yeah, it's basically "heart attack on a plate" material. :tongue:

I didn't eat a ton of them when I lived in NJ... a few here and there. OK... maybe more than a few. LOL. But you're right, I can only imagine what a regular customer's arteries look like!!! 

But every now and then when I'm back in my old home state, I try to find an Italian hot dog somewhere.  Philly has its cheesesteaks, Baltimore has its crabcakes.... NJ has its Italian hot dogs!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Personally, I would not trust this "Fran Haring" individual to deliver accurate information on anything.

Except, perhaps, on where to find a good crab cake in Baltimore or a good Italian hot dog in New Jersey. :ninja:

You just became my new best friend. I LOVE Italian hot dawgs!!!!

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Keeping this completely off the rails...what pray tell is an Italian hot dog?  Would that be a grilled sausage with onions and peppers from the guy outside of  Fenway Park?

You haven't LIVED until you've had one of these:

Dickie-Dees_2cd4a2aa-f0ae-5102-0972e0678

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tobias said:

So much discussion of food in the Cadets thread. I think tonight is a Hop webinar..

Well I missed the shuttle to the train station and then missed my train so I had to wait an hour for the next one so my appetite grew. 

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Yeah, it's basically "heart attack on a plate" material. :tongue:

I didn't eat a ton of them when I lived in NJ... you're right, I can only imagine what a regular customer's arteries look like.  LOL.

But every now and then when I'm back in my old home state, I try to find an Italian hot dog somewhere.  Philly has its cheesesteaks, Baltimore has its crabcakes.... NJ has its Italian hot dogs!!!

The "Weiner Wagon" comes for you. :drool:

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

You haven't LIVED until you've had one of these:

Dickie-Dees_2cd4a2aa-f0ae-5102-0972e0678

I completely agree!!!

When I worked in radio in Elizabeth, NJ, back in the day, there were two great Italian hot dog spots... Tommy's and Jerry's, basically right next to each other, off of Elizabeth Ave. in midtown.

Made a lunch trip or two or three there over the years.  LOL.  I stopped in a couple of summers ago on a visit to NJ... both place are still going strong, and those doggies are as good as ever!!!

What time's the Hoptalk?

On 3/5/2017 at 5:39 PM, Tobias said:

Cadets musically have always been strong. Even 2016, just listening to the CD the brass/percussion were more than proficient. Hoping this year they match the show construction/Visual at the same level as the music..then we have a Cadets that can compete at the top level as they did prior to 2016.

I agree, they're proficient in playing.  I thought they got slammed a bit in performance captions last year.  It was just how the show is put together that hurt them.

45 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I completely agree!!!

When I worked in radio in Elizabeth, NJ, back in the day, there were two great Italian hot dog spots... Tommy's and Jerry's, basically right next to each other, off of Elizabeth Ave. in midtown.

Made a lunch trip or two or three there over the years.  LOL.  I stopped in a couple of summers ago on a visit to NJ... both place are still going strong, and those doggies are as good as ever!!!

OMG I WENT THERE LAST WEEKEND!!!

9 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

What time's the Hoptalk?

After Italian Hot dogs.

• Like 1