Cadets 2017

7 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I sure hope so. We will see when the season arrives.

Agree. My main concern remains visual. The guard situation seems strong(er) with only a very small handful of spots available come April auditions. Percussion seems very strong

I just want to see a dynamic drill and some great foot technique - plus a show that is fun, creative, fresh and results in multi standing Os

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Gino Cipriani and Colin McNutt probably have the shades and blinds drawn, and grieving uncontrollably with this public revelation from Mr. Wonderful.....lol!... sounds like GH has developed a new found policy with a Cone of Silence on some things, but apparently not on others.. lol!

Hopkins stated that they were "ahead" and "doing well" in an area they've struggled in most years - and he included last year too

He didn't call anyone out. So the "shade" is in your interpretation. In mine, he was being positive. 

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Agree. My main concern remains visual. The guard situation seems strong(er) with only a very small handful of spots available come April auditions. Percussion seems very strong

I just want to see a dynamic drill and some great foot technique - plus a show that is fun, creative, fresh and results in multi standing Os

Agreed. Also looking for some innovation as far as innovation can go in an activity that everything has been at least attempted before. Honestly I think visual will be very strong, more curious with the brass line. New arranger, new cap head. 

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Agreed. Also looking for some innovation as far as innovation can go in an activity that everything has been at least attempted before. Honestly I think visual will be very strong, more curious with the brass line. New arranger, new cap head. 

I don't know a great deal about the caption head, but I think Drew will be a good fit. He's a great writer, IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tesmusic said:

I don't know a great deal about the caption head, but I think Drew will be a good fit. He's a great writer, IMO.

Well I've heard great things about the brass snd especially about a new deeper sound but since I've haven't heard a note, I can't vouch for them yet.

40 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Gino Cipriani and Colin McNutt probably have the shades and blinds drawn, and grieving uncontrollably with this public revelation from Mr. Wonderful.....lol!... sounds like GH has developed a new found policy with a Cone of Silence on some things, but apparently not on others.. lol!

17 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

sometimes "shade" is deserved. I'll leave it at that.

Personally, I think "shade" or whatever you call it, and dirty laundry should not be made public. That's how relationships permanently end. I would imagine if the same airing of dirty laundry had occurred between GH and Tom Aungst, Tom would not be back with Cadets this year. 

• Like 4

Just now, Tobias said:

Well I've heard great things about the brass snd especially about a new deeper sound but since I've haven't heard a note, I can't vouch for them yet.

Understood, I'm glad they're adjusting instrumentation to bring out the bottom more. As a tubist/contra player, I can always get behind that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Understood, I'm glad they're adjusting instrumentation to bring out the bottom more. As a tubist/contra player, I can always get behind that.

Bottoms up! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hopkins stated that they were "ahead" and "doing well" in an area they've struggled in most years - and he included last year too

He didn't call anyone out. So the "shade" is in your interpretation. In mine, he was being positive. 

GH was" being positive" on approx.  95% of his info that he released for public consumption... no doubt about it. His info on Gino, Colin was the part he could have left out of the public square, imo. He did not. He went public with it, so its certainly within the public's perogative to comment on that segment of the newly released info... and so I did. That said, I do not disagree with your assessment that much of what was released by GH was..  " his was being positive ".

Edited by BRASSO

56 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Personally, I think "shade" or whatever you call it, and dirty laundry should not be made public. That's how relationships permanently end. I would imagine if the same airing of dirty laundry had occurred between GH and Tom Aungst, Tom would not be back with Cadets this year. 

the "shade" is someone's interpretation - Hop mentioned no one and just was being positive in comparing to prior years where drill has run later

• Like 1