Cadets 2017

22 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Both shows were great and I liked Cadets show for the most part (although I wasn't too big a fan of the ballad). Crown's show was fantastic (especially the opener). However, the show as a whole wasn't my favorite from them. But I wanted them to come out on top last year. 

On a completely irrelevant note, please listen to this (if you can). 

https://www.facebook.com/EricWhitacreOfficial/videos/10155164371087229/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

That video made me grow a sense of patriotism.

32 minutes ago, aLittleBird said:

That video made me grow a sense of patriotism.

That has to be THE BEST arrangement of the National Anthem I've ever heard. 

43 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The narrative that the Cadets need to go " mod and progressive ", or else be held back, would logically then have us believe that had the Cadets not worn a cadet syled uniform last season, but instead wore a " mod, progressive style of uniform... like for example, Carolina Crown's uniform, that somehow the " mod, progressive " uniform would have " fit " their show theme better, and lo and behold, the judges would have placed them higher than 6th last season. But such " logic " falls away, as  a Corps attire ( non guard ) doesn't mean a thing to the judges. I submit that if the Cadets wore CC's uniforms last season, the Cadets would still have finished 6th.  Heck, THE most " mod, progressive " uniform introduced into DCI last season by any Corps ( imo ) was that from the Oregon Crusaders. Did their placements improve with such change to a " mod, progressive " style of uniform ? No. it didn't. They placed lower in 2016, than in 2015 despite the change in 2016  to the most " progressive " uniform out there on the field in DCI, imo.

Am I imagining it or have you posted this like twenty or thirty times now just reworded it time? I'm pretty sure we understand your take on it lol

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

On a completely irrelevant note, please listen to this (if you can). 

https://www.facebook.com/EricWhitacreOfficial/videos/10155164371087229/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

A few years ago, Hopkins asked the general public for show ideas/music selections. One of the ideas I included in my email was Eric Whitacre's work and his virtual choirs. Naturally, I was intrigued when it was announced Cadets were fielding a choir this season haha. (Of course, all signs now seem to be pointing to Bernstein) But yeah, Whitacre is incredible

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, wallace said:

Regarding the traditional uni: It needed to be updated, for it does not work well with the choreography that, much to my chagrin, is a visual requirement nowadays.  

You need to reintroduce yourself to the little bird here, re. your comments, as he apparently missed this... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Am I imagining it or have you posted this like twenty or thirty times now just reworded it time? I'm pretty sure we understand your take on it lol

I thought the Cadets number was " 10", George. I agree, I should stop at " 10" at the most when on a Cadets thread... so point well taken ( lol!)

I promise y'all on here, despite our disagreements at times, they'll be Unity on here soon enough... just be patient. You'll see. I'm calling it tonite.

21 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

A few years ago, Hopkins asked the general public for show ideas/music selections. One of the ideas I included in my email was Eric Whitacre's work and his virtual choirs. Naturally, I was intrigued when it was announced Cadets were fielding a choir this season haha. (Of course, all signs now seem to be pointing to Bernstein) But yeah, Whitacre is incredible

I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing of him. I'm going to have to look up more of his arrangements. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I promise y'all on here, despite our disagreements at times, they'll be Unity on here soon enough... just be patient. You'll see. I'm calling it tonite.

Any particular reason you capitalized "Unity," Brasso?

13 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Any particular reason you capitalized "Unity," Brasso?

bad grammur, punchuation, an spellin has put me in da soup on dis.