Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Fundraising email says Cadets will be using 24 "benches" as the only props in the show.

During webinar design staff said show takes you to a "time and place".

I keep thinking Bernsteins Mass/Chichester Psalms given the use of vocals they talk about.

Any ideas, thought?

ptQCVqL.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Everything he does is lush. And the subtle use of dissonance is goosebump city. 

His piece "October" would be a really cool ballad. Some parts just scream drum corps imo

October was kind of over-played a bit.  

Thing about his work --  the hornline needs to play with perfect intonation. Many many bad versions of October played on the field because the dissonance and suspensions only work if those pitches are just perfect and the ensemble's ears are super well trained. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Thing about his work --  the hornline needs to play with perfect intonation. Many many bad versions of October played on the field because the dissonance and suspensions only work if those pitches are just perfect and the ensemble's ears are super well trained. 

Sounds like a challenge that would be greatly rewarded. Crown would be able to pull it off. And some other elite corps. I could be wrong, but I can't recall any top corps playing his work. 

And if October is over played, what does that make Simple Gifts, Pines of Rome, Medea..... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

I'm feeling church pews, flags of stained glass colors, chanting, choirs, brass spectacular...

getting giddy as a school girl.

Sounds like a show concept made in Heaven.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Correct. Requires extremely high execution. Reminds me of the Cadets 2013 ballad which was similar in its demand

12 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Sounds like a challenge that would be greatly rewarded. Crown would be able to pull it off. And some other elite corps. I could be wrong, but I can't recall any top corps playing his work. 

And if October is over played, what does that make Simple Gifts, Pines of Rome, Medea..... 

Well -- overplayed in the band world (which tends to keep a lot DCi corps away).  Actually only played a few times in WC.  

Ad yeah -- Gifts  might be called overplayed;  Pines and Medea not so much. 

Edited by corpsband

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

I'm feeling church pews, flags of stained glass colors, chanting, choirs, brass spectacular...

getting giddy as a school girl.

Although I am restrained with my emotions, I have to admit this sounds exciting if this is what they're doing. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

It was oversaturation in a short period of time. There's a lot of overplayed music, but you couldn't escape October for a few years.

35 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Well -- overplayed in the band world (which tends to keep a lot DCi corps away).  Actually only played a few times in WC. 

26 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

It was oversaturation in a short period of time. There's a lot of overplayed music, but you couldn't escape October for a few years.

Makes sense. Most staff members are involved in the high school level. So I'm sure when they adjudicate 100 bands playing the same song it's exhausting. I guess I missed the years when it was extremely popular.