Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

flags of stained glass colors

Im going to guess they will insert an abundance of color this year. For most of last season...the show might as well been titled 50 Shades of Bleh 

• Like 3

I listened to last years show today, I still think Turning was a FANTASTIC ballad and one of the few points in the show where I really connected with the theme/message they were trying to send.  I think it was successful even if the rest wasn't.  I fear with the passage of time it will get lost because of the stigma it already has garnered.  

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I listened to last years show today, I still think Turning was a FANTASTIC ballad and one of the few points in the show where I really connected with the theme/message they were trying to send.  I think it was successful even if the rest wasn't.  I fear with the passage of time it will get lost because of the stigma it already has garnered.  

The first iteration was really incredible to me. When all the horn players dash onto the stage, shaking each other etc. Very powerful IMO, couldn't believe they changed it.

Hopkins live now...

Should see show announcement around April 3rd

Not planning on much early video etc... 

Lots of NY Philharmonic tie-ins

C2 updates: drum line all involved indoor - so they are mostly in for rehearsals only Saturday night thru Sunday. Show is unnamed. Appalachian Morning, Appalachian Morning again (by another composer) and the end of Appalachian Spring. Need a few brass members - running about 52 and want 60, so in the middle of recruitment. Corps is in "pretty good shape" - playing an indoor show with Reading Bucs indoor in May. Hoping the early performance will help the corps have a goal to work towards and get off to a better/more prepared start. Percussion full. Have 20 guard contracts out - marching 32. 

New food truck. A little behind schedule due to snow - but are back at it this weekend in the build out. 

Cadets HOF - nominations underway until March 31. 2 or 3 nominated so far

Tickets available for shows: June 30th in Allentown, then Clifton all day on July 1st event then July 2nd DCI show in Clifton, August 1 Annapolis etc,,,

Cadets 2 have a mini tour from Annapolis thru Chester and Allentown (Friday night), Cadets are on Saturday night

Hopkins referenced "costumes" for the corps several times

Clash of the Corps - Hopkins was asked in October if the corps wanted to do it, he said yes. FUSE is out. So still possible so they are waiting for Production Company to sign with a new network... if it happens Cadets will be a part!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aLittleBird said:

The first iteration was really incredible to me. When all the horn players dash onto the stage, shaking each other etc. Very powerful IMO, couldn't believe they changed it.

it got shot down by the judges as the focus was taken "away from the field" where most of the action was happening. Not sure the restaging was nearly as effective - but that was the thought/process or criticism that lead to the change

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hopkins live now...

Should see show announcement around April 3rd

Not planning on much early video etc... 

Lots of NY Philharmonic tie-ins

C2 updates: drum line all involved indoor - so they are mostly in for rehearsals only Saturday night thru Sunday. Show is unnamed. Appalachian Morning, Appalachian Morning again (by another composer) and the end of Appalachian Spring. Need a few brass members - running about 52 and want 60, so in the middle of recruitment. Corps is in "pretty good shape" - playing an indoor show with Reading Bucs indoor in May. Hoping the early performance will help the corps have a goal to work towards and get off to a better/more prepared start. Percussion full. Have 20 guard contracts out - marching 32. 

New food truck. A little behind schedule due to snow - but are back at it this weekend in the build out. 

Cadets HOF - nominations underway until March 31. 2 or 3 nominated so far

Tickets available for shows: June 30th in Allentown, then Clifton all day on July 1st event then July 2nd DCI show in Clifton, August 1 Annapolis etc,,,

Cadets 2 have a mini tour from Annapolis thru Chester and Allentown (Friday night), Cadets are on Saturday night

Hopkins referenced "costumes" for the corps several times

Clash of the Corps - Hopkins was asked in October if the corps wanted to do it, he said yes. FUSE is out. So still possible so they are waiting for Production Company to sign with a new network... if it happens Cadets will be a part!

from fund raising letter...

For The Cadets, the concept surrounds benches in order to set the stage for the musical and visual journey that the corps will take us on for the 2017 season. These benches will be the only props that will actually cross the end lines of the field. Used by the guard, the brass and even the percussion, the benches will provide a place of respite, a center for gathering and a focus for presentation. 24 benches will support the members of the 84th version of the corps as they bring another trademark Cadets production to life.

5 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Fundraising email says Cadets will be using 24 "benches" as the only props in the show.

During webinar design staff said show takes you to a "time and place".

I keep thinking Bernsteins Mass/Chichester Psalms given the use of vocals they talk about.

Any ideas, thought?

My 2009 show I arranged with the band I teach....great choice!!!!!  

On 3/21/2017 at 5:50 PM, George Dixon said:

what worked then doesn't necessarily work now

the "cow" panel with "beef!" wouldn't work now either

News flash!

It was cheesy then too....  VERY cheesy...

7 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

News flash!

It was cheesy then too....  VERY cheesy...

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

absolutely

Yet you both were probably on your feet screaming "beef". :lle: