Cadets 2017

15 hours ago, corpsband said:

Unfortunately some of the very best stuff suffered the wrath of the hose.  

And I'm not sure cutting is always easier (although it is easier than trying to fill a vacuum .    Better to write complete musical thoughts to the correct length then to lobotomize a longer complete thought afterwards.   Of course in today's DCI it's not uncommon for some programs to actually start out with lobotomized musical thoughts :sad:   

Anyway -- hearing early season Cadets was always a treat.  

If you guys had only heard the music at the beginning of the 2000 season...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm wondering if the "costumes" will look like the male guard uniforms from 2009 (but with sleeves)?

I was thinking the same but the lines of color (M,G,C) may be more erratic to create effect with movement. (But what the hell do I know). 

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I'm wondering if the "costumes" will look like the male guard uniforms from 2009 (but with sleeves)?

Hope not.

But that cg designer in the vid from Villa Shanefield said something like going in a direction no corps has been before. 2016 male guard costumes were derivative of WGI and many other units and not very envelope breaking.

You previously mused in a prior post that perhaps the corps logo would be imprinted as a major part of the design. Are you speculating, hinting, or teasing?

As all corps have not announced but with one or two exceptions, I wonder if DCI is holding up the licensing process and not Tresoma. Perhaps the rights are only being bought from April to September first and the video and broadcast rights for another period. I don't know anything on this, just speculating as it seems odd that out of 40+ corps no more than four in either class have announced thus far. I don't think the Bloo effect would be that influential that quickly or unanimously.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

But that cg designer in the vid from Villa Shanefield said something like going in a direction no corps has been before. 2016 male guard costumes were derivative of WGI and many other units and not very envelope breaking.. 

More work by "that cg designer" lol

HuV7rbY.jpg

ykS2Vun.jpg

M4YaaUx.jpg

AIICn4H.jpg

• Like 1

How long was he at SCV? Cadets colorguard has kinda been their Achilles heel the past couple years. Would be awesome to see that caption competitive amongst the elite again

6 hours ago, corpsband said:

More work by "that cg designer" lol

AIICn4H.jpg

S2010058.jpg

Also, a decade ago, I posted these as a joke about the future of guard unis, but I think I maybe understated it a little. 

rt_Domnina_Shabalin2_100222_ssh.jpg

Edited by Lance
  • Like 3