Cadets 2017

21 hours ago, xandandl said:

"Unheard Bernstein" ????

Oh my guess is that there's going to be a Mass of people who will disagree that Bernstein is unheard this year.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Hello! I'm a 20 year old trumpet player from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC where I major in Instrumental Music Ed, and minor in Sustainable Development. I'm a contract member for the Cadets this summer on the lead part. Last summer, I played upper lead at Spirit of Atlanta. 

This year is a little different though. After telling my family I chose to march this summer rather than take summer classes and work, they were very disappointed and dumped some bills on me they had promised to pay during the duration of my college career. Now, I'm having a little bit of trouble paying my fees. Being a full time student taking 20 credit hours (the max you're allowed to take is 18) and working 40 to 60 hours a week, paying for college, different bills, and having to pay for drum corps, I am doing everything I can to raise my dues for this summer. 

With this being my last year of marching because I am donating a kidney in September and that will prevent me from marching again, I really would like to be able to march with the corps of my dreams. Ever since 2012 when I saw the 12.25 show, I have wanted to march Cadets. Now, having that opportunity, I would hate for it to go away because of monetary reasons. 

I also have a t-shirt fundraiser going. With every purchase of a t-shirt, I get between $8 and $12 that is going to go towards my dues. 

The point of this post is that I'm looking for a sponsor or a donor to help me with my dues. If you choose to sponsor me, I will be sure to keep you updated, send pictures, and let you know everything that is going on. If you would like to just donate, I would appreciate that as well. I'm down about 1750, but will be paying more as I get my paychecks. 

Thann you for reading this. 

Gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/helplorhanmarchcadets

Tee shirts: www.teespring.com/2017-tour-fees

• Like 2

Today's moment of drum corps zen

Early season 1987 Cadets rehearsal video with pop-up notes of changes made plus snarky comments. Wow!

On 3/29/2017 at 9:35 AM, 2000Cadet said:

Know of anyone else needing sponsorship? I would love to help.

Hello! I am in need of a sponsor!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Today's moment of drum corps zen

Early season 1987 Cadets rehearsal video with pop-up notes of changes made plus snarky comments. Wow!

George,

Frachel already posted this on page 379 of this thread.  Comments on the tape itself, snarky though they be, were made by the MMs from '87 after the season ended The tape was shown originally at an alumni grouping of that age cohort who knew all the inner stories. Since, it has been an internally circulated tape amongst the MMs of that age cohort for many years. That others have just found it or posted it publicly becomes the situation where others, not knowing the inside jokes being made on the tape, make their own snarky remarks. Actually nothing new here but a glimpse into a fine hard working group of kids with a great show that became a masterpiece. Some of those same MMs from '87 are some of the activity's prime designers today. 

I remember when that Lion King lick was all the rage among bandos.

All the kiddies wanted to learn it particularly the last few measures with all the fireworks. It was fun to hear it the first ten thousand times, but after that...

...UGH!