Cadets 2017

On 4/8/2017 at 6:55 PM, wsradeker said:

2017 is the 200th anniversary of Bernstein's birth...

My bad on the birthdate. Neverthess:

#BernsteinAt100
Leonard Bernstein at 100 is the world-wide celebration of the 100th birthday of Leonard Bernstein, the composer, conductor, educator, musician, cultural ambassador, and humanitarian, officially beginning on August 25, 2017, Bernstein’s 99th birthday, and continuing through his 100th year until August 25, 2019. On this page you will find resources to help you discover and program Bernstein’s works, in addition to news of Centennial events around the world.

1 hour ago, wsradeker said:

My bad on the birthdate. Neverthess:

#BernsteinAt100
Leonard Bernstein at 100 is the world-wide celebration of the 100th birthday of Leonard Bernstein, the composer, conductor, educator, musician, cultural ambassador, and humanitarian, officially beginning on August 25, 2017, Bernstein’s 99th birthday, and continuing through his 100th year until August 25, 2019. On this page you will find resources to help you discover and program Bernstein’s works, in addition to news of Centennial events around the world.

Yup - Cadets will be part of a couple of these concerts. Exciting for the corps - a 3 year commitment. Concerts in NY and access to that amazing book of works

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yup - Cadets will be part of a couple of these concerts. Exciting for the corps - a 3 year commitment. Concerts in NY and access to that amazing book of works

Bernstein's music and the Cadets have always gone well together, in my opinion. I'm hoping to make it to NYC for one of the performances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Bernstein's music and the Cadets have always gone well together, in my opinion. I'm hoping to make it to NYC for one of the performances.

If you don't, then I'll give you a synopsis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

there's plenty of material  there to avoid retreads as well.  heck there's plenty of material available in the 2017  program to make things sound very different. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

If you don't, then I'll give you a synopsis.

That 2000 what a guy !!lol..:thumbup:

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 6:47 AM, George Dixon said:

"distant history" or "formative years"

"what they were doing then" or "someone present who quickly identified their talent and potential and leveraged/nurtured/developed it"

as someone who manages many thousands of people I learned a long time ago that success is what happens when talent and hard work meet opportunity

there are people in the activity (such as Hopkins) naturally able to identify raw talent and leadership (Steve Jobs) - then there's a whole host of others who just buy it (Microsoft)

I just wanted to touch this post and feel the goodness 

If any Cadet needs sponsorship and has a good liver they’ll be willing to part with in oh, say 10-20 years, PM me

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

some people are IMPOSSIBLE to replace

what an amazing man...

I have no idea who anyone in the audience is, but for those who do, it must be interesting to see them from the mid 80's.  Thank you GD for the great video.  I've always loved the music from SITPWG.