Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Good for them. Keeping things quiet. Let it be a surprise.

...but it's not a surprise...I never understood why people make it an "imaginary" circumstance once the OFFICIAL announcement comes out...haha

loose-lips-213.jpg

On 4/14/2017 at 4:25 AM, 2000Cadet said:

This show almost made me end my drum corps career. I HATED it.

your brass line was great that year

i liked the show a lot better than 98, which totally deserved to win, don't get me wrong

Anyone on here care about C2? Hop said that they're doing two pieces, both titled Appalachian Morning. i'm not sure who the composers are.

16 minutes ago, Foef_Yet_Flalf said:

Anyone on here care about C2? 

if so, they likely wouldn't be posting that on this side of the DCP forum. This side of the DCP forum is principally geared for discussions of the Corps that perform and compete in the DCI World Class Division of DCI. I can see you are new here, so this likely explains your unfamiliarity on what this side of the DCP forum entails regarding discussions of the various Corps. You could post your question on the" DCA - All Age Corps " Discussions forum side of DCP, and go from there.. good luck !

Edited by BRASSO

I loved the music in '99.  "Da-dat da-dat da-dat da-dat!  Da-da-da-da-da--da-dat da-dat

I did not love the visuals as much.  As a drummer, I got a kick out of how from 93-2000 the tenor features kept getting longer, and longer, and looooonger... The '99 one is particularly insane.

Mike

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Foef_Yet_Flalf said:

Anyone on here care about C2? Hop said that they're doing two pieces, both titled Appalachian Morning. i'm not sure who the composers are.

I know the Paul Winter one (a Crossmen <among others> classic) - what's the other one? 

Mike

7 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I know the Paul Winter one (a Crossmen <among others> classic) - what's the other one? 

Mike

opps.. just noticed that this thread is on " Cadets 2017",  as such,  I see no reason that C2 can't be discussed on this thread too.. my bad.

Edited by BRASSO

On 4/17/2017 at 4:54 PM, Liahona said:

...but it's not a surprise...I never understood why people make it an "imaginary" circumstance once the OFFICIAL announcement comes out...haha

loose-lips-213.jpg

I mean.....clearly some people out there know every corps music for the coming season, and just choose not to share it.  Anyone can attend a camp, and listen to the music being played.  Well Cadets anyway as far as I have always known.

Have corps started having "closed" winter camps so that those interested cannot come and listen?

Also, do members now sign NDAs when they attend camps?  I know we would talk to everyone in college about what the show was that year.

Edited by cadet93

Snip.

Sorry about that folks!

Edited by jjeffeory