Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Dear Mr. Brasso,

Thank you for submitting your video for audition consideration for this summer season.As you know, the philosophy here is that we don't cut anyone from auditions. All auditioners are given a rating of 1, 2, or 3, from getting a contract today for this summer season to keep plugging and you might make it to skills need much work, but we will help you if your are willing. You sir, however, are in a class by yourself, without equal at least at the World Class level. We admire your determination, diligence, and candor but feel certain that a more resolute focus on skills, agility, and artistic deportment would be more beneficial for your placement among the World Class performers who will compromise our line this summer. To assist you in your progress and to inspire you in your efforts, we include this Dayton authorized tape to practice with at home and even while you are sleeping. We hope to see you again at a future audition camp.

http://imgur.com/r4LoPoz

I'm currently taking a home correspondence course from this fellow to hone my guard skills in hopes of landing a coveted spot in her Royal Majesty's Couchmen for this summer.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I'm currently taking a home correspondence course from this fellow to hone my guard skills in hopes of landing a coveted spot in her Royal Majesty's Couchmen for this summer.

That breast plate makes it a quite distinctive uniform/costume.  I am sure the designers and performers are glad of the natural fibers. Good luck.

Edited by xandandl

Just now, xandandl said:

That breast plate makes it a quite distinctive uniform.  I am sure the designers and performers are glad of the natural fibers. Good luck.

Its the all black costume model too.' Not a fan.  But the Couchmen don't allow their marchers a vote on the season's attire. They just want to know if you can be counted on to make all the rehearsals, events.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Herbert has invited the bear and handler to Boston's ST so he can teach the bear to toss 11's.

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Herbert has invited the bear and handler to Boston's ST so he can teach the bear to toss 11's.

The Bear will be properly instructed not to eat the wooden instrument that is tossed too. Otherwise, it'd give new meaning to the phrase.. " eatem' up Boston ! "

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

55 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The Bear will be properly instructed not to eat the wooden instrument that is tossed too. Otherwise, it'd give new meaning to the phrase.. " eatem' up Boston ! "

Hey, stick to your own thread or you'll have to pay the current licensing fees. haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony L. said:

So I was not able to attend the webinar last night.  Does anyone know if there is an archived version available for those of us who were unable to make it?  It would kill me to not get the full benefit of being a donor!

This is what George said about what the other George said.  Don't give you-know-who the excuse to take a third collection as a penalty, he. he.

George Dixon

• DCP Fanatic
  •  
  • George Dixon
  • Members
  • 6,246 posts
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

So - without "spilling the beans" we did hear:

About 4/30 - some public announcements about the rep and a bit more

About 5/20 - public show / concept announcement

About 6/19 - uniforms public debut

So stay tuned!

He also mentioned how excited the membership is with this years rep & plans

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Hey, stick to your own thread or you'll have to pay the current licensing fees. haha.

Fair criticism.. did not intentionally choose to talk " BAC " here, xandandl...( haha!)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Fair criticism.. did not intentionally choose to talk " BAC " here, xandandl...( haha!)

That's fine.

This thread since last night's "news" has become the Order of Cadets of the Strict Observance.  

Like their brothers who use that same abbreviation, o.c.s.o., The Trappists, a vow of silence has been taken until show-n-tell at camp this weekend.  Mum's the word.

• Like 1