Cadets 2017

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

' Don't believe so. All they really need is the blessing of the Rev. George Hopkins, and they should be good to go.

cult leaders don't always use the title Rev. as in Reverend or Revered.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

They are confirming / announcing the rep next Monday/Tuesday - not show concept just yet, but rep and a bit more (about the multi year agreement Cadets are entering into). I agree Mass is a great source material - will all come down to design (especially visual)

So are you telling us between the lines that there will be no Sunday show-n-tell broadcast of actual show music?

{Weather this weekend for camp in New Jersey is supposed to be in the 80's and may allow for some outside practice..]

Edited by xandandl

This is worthy of page four hundred of this thread.  It's from the most recent  begging letter.

WHAT MAKES A CADET, A CADET?

To me, a Cadet stands up straight all day at rehearsal only to stand up straighter at a competition, go to bed exhausted and do it all again the next day.

There is a respect for each other, for tradition, for instructors, for other corps, but a possession of an inner pride in what you (as an individual) are able to accomplish every day as a Cadet and add to the history.

Tradition is something that I value highly as a Cadet. We march and wear uniforms (not banana suits) and I love that with my whole being. The song, the marching in twos, the respect for the uniform, these are all important to me. I also have remained a fan of being clean-shaven. It fits my idea of being a straight-legged hard-###.

As the activity evolves, I understand it is almost impossible to retain the hard cut lines of years past. Marching silently to and from everywhere in uniform is almost impossible. Living off of four hours of sleep while playing H to M for an extra hour each night can't always happen. It is a softer time, focused more on performance than precision. But to me, The Cadets of the 90s and early 2000s will always be where I set my sights.

From Lauren Davis - 2017 Guard Captain

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Rumors out this afternoon are that the Cadets will be doing " The Lion King's Mass ". its a Disney musical mash up show with religious overtones.

I hope the lion king's mass isn't cancerous. 

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

I hope the lion king's mass isn't cancerous. 

' Have no fear, everything is totally benign.

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

' Have no fear, everything is totally benign.

Will the Lion be able to give us 11 to 12 minutes of random lines from various Disney creations. Meanwhile the corp's will have a seat on the field and hum. Need more humming and less music being played. 

Wishing safe travels to camp for those headed to Cadets as well as all the other corps camps being held this weekend. 

If you volunteer to get bumped on the flight home, you may have found a way to pay for tour fees for this season and next and ....

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Speaking of camps...are they open to the fans? One of the kids in local HS who is a MM says he THINKS so, as long as you don't record anything. I did attend a couple C2 camps at Daniel Boone last season...without any issues.

34 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

Speaking of camps...are they open to the fans? One of the kids in local HS who is a MM says he THINKS so, as long as you don't record anything. I did attend a couple C2 camps at Daniel Boone last season...without any issues.

Yes, all are welcome at their camps. My wife and I will be there!