Cadets 2017

36 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

The vocalists have control of the Cadets snapchat today. They sound so good 

What do we search for on Snapchat?

52 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Honestly the efficacy of the vocal ensemble will mostly come down to the volume of their mics. If it's soft enough to blend with the rest of the ensemble, I'm all for it. But Cadets have a pretty poor track record with appropriate amplification volume, to the point where the brass and percussion become muted in places by whatever is coming through the amps. 

Completely new electronic design and engineering team this year.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

C'mon. Cadets always do really well with voice, spoken or singing.......

This I believe... :ninja:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

nah. He wanted a barber shop quartet with staw hats and all but couldn't get the licences from SPEBSQSA

The Cadets have seemed lost since 2011. They really haven't put out a product that could challenge for the top spot since. 2014 came really close. I was team Cadets, that year, all the way until quarterfinals when Crown really turned it on and turned things around. I think 2014 had the opportunity to be epic, but the bashing us over the head with the theme nearly ruined the show for me. Last year was a huge drop down in design and execution, and the guard seems to be slipping year after year. Will they recover? I don't know. Adding vocals to their shows have not produced success in the past, so I'm not sure that's the right answer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

C'mon. Cadets always do really well with voice, spoken or singing.......

Amen to that!

They should do a 100 voice choir and add in a brass octet. Silly me, I thought Hop had finally gotten the voice thing out of his system. Thankfully most of the other corps have. He is a stubborn lad. 

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

The Cadets have seemed lost since 2011. They really haven't put out a product that could challenge for the top spot since. 2014 came really close. I was team Cadets, that year, all the way until quarterfinals when Crown really turned it on and turned things around. I think 2014 had the opportunity to be epic, but the bashing us over the head with the theme nearly ruined the show for me. Last year was a huge drop down in design and execution, and the guard seems to be slipping year after year. Will they recover? I don't know. Adding vocals to their shows have not produced success in the past, so I'm not sure that's the right answer. 

Hmmm, well Cadets were top 2 all year in 2014 and dropped to 3 at finals. Crown came in 5.

2015 maybe you're thinking of. Cadets were top 3 all year and dropped to 4 at the end. Solid amazing show. You can't base opinion on placement. Cadets 2015 could have easily stayed top 3 if judges were like wow, the X thing is cool and the the corps captions were all solid. (Won Brass and almost percussion). 

2016- huge misfire but that was one year. Let's see what they do this year.