Cadets 2017

5 hours ago, Tobias said:

What do we search for on Snapchat?

cadetsofficial 

4 hours ago, Tobias said:

Hmmm, well Cadets were top 2 all year in 2014 and dropped to 3 at finals. Crown came in 5.

2015 maybe you're thinking of. Cadets were top 3 all year and dropped to 4 at the end. Solid amazing show. You can't base opinion on placement. Cadets 2015 could have easily stayed top 3 if judges were like wow, the X thing is cool and the the corps captions were all solid. (Won Brass and almost percussion). 

2016- huge misfire but that was one year. Let's see what they do this year. 

Yeah, yeah, sorry I was talking about 2015 not 2014. X was awesome. They did beat us over the head with the theme, like last year. In 2015, Crown I didn't care for much of the year, then they blew me away at quarterfinals and I wanted them to win. I was SO happy Cadets won brass because IMO there was no contest when it came to demand on the brass players. That drill was insane, so it was really incredible what the hornline did. I would agree they were solid in all captions if we are talking about a 4th place corps. They were 4th in GE and Visual, 5th in Guard, and 4th in Music (even with a winning hornline). Not exactly championship caliber placements. I will say I do think they should have placed higher in both GE and Visual and I did not agree with the 4th place finish. But, I'm not a judge.

I can base my opinion, in part, on placement. The Cadets have won 1 title in the last 11 years. That in itself isn't alarming, it's the 6th place finish last year. I've been a fan of the Cadets since I first saw them in '84. They have put out some of my favorite shows over the years (too many to list) and I don't like the direction they have taken over the past few seasons (save 2015) and especially 2016.

The three years I liked the Cadets least - 2006, 2007, and 2008 - vocals. 2007 was such a shame too, because that would have been one of the greats had it not had vocals, IMO.

39 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

The three years I liked the Cadets least - 2006, 2007, and 2008 - vocals. 2007 was such a shame too, because that would have been one of the greats had it not had vocals, IMO.

Completely disagree about 2007. Do you understand where the theme that year came from? "This I Believe" is an international organization that gets people to write and share essays about their beliefs and core values. The entire 2007 production was essentially the Cadets' submission. Narration was required. Take it away and the whole purpose of the show is lost. That program was one of the more complete concepts they've ever fielded, and they played the #### out of it. A monster show that should've won

• Like 2

Just now, Brass34 said:

Completely disagree about 2007. Do you understand where the theme that year came from? "This I Believe" is an international organization that gets people to write and share essays about their beliefs and core values. The entire 2007 production was essentially the Cadets' submission. Narration was required. Take it away and the whole purpose of the show is lost. That program was one of the more complete concepts they've ever fielded, and they played the #### out of it. A monster show that should've won

I think they were necessary but weren't necessarily executed very well (though I give them props for doing something that wasn't done a ton and not very well received at the time).  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I think they were necessary but weren't necessarily executed very well (though I give them props for doing something that wasn't done a ton and not very well received at the time).  

They weren't believable.  The script was terrible.    

• Like 3

10 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Yeah, yeah, sorry I was talking about 2015 not 2014. X was awesome. They did beat us over the head with the theme, like last year. In 2015, Crown I didn't care for much of the year, then they blew me away at quarterfinals and I wanted them to win. I was SO happy Cadets won brass because IMO there was no contest when it came to demand on the brass players. That drill was insane, so it was really incredible what the hornline did. I would agree they were solid in all captions if we are talking about a 4th place corps. They were 4th in GE and Visual, 5th in Guard, and 4th in Music (even with a winning hornline). Not exactly championship caliber placements. I will say I do think they should have placed higher in both GE and Visual and I did not agree with the 4th place finish. But, I'm not a judge.

I can base my opinion, in part, on placement. The Cadets have won 1 title in the last 11 years. That in itself isn't alarming, it's the 6th place finish last year. I've been a fan of the Cadets since I first saw them in '84. They have put out some of my favorite shows over the years (too many to list) and I don't like the direction they have taken over the past few seasons (save 2015) and especially 2016.

Activity changing. I dont like emphasis on GE. It's too subjective and the fact that Cadets 2015 came in 4th despite winning the music caption is a prime example. Nevertheless, they realized they needed to change course and they've done that. Can't do great drill with fast multiple changing directions at 200 BPM when the guys in bodysuits sliding down ramps won. Agreed, 2016 was a misfire but I think the creative staff has been beefed up tremendously and they've worked very hard this off season. 

2005, 2007, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 were all very impressive well performed shows and 2014-15 easily could have been a position higher and no one would have cried foul. 

Lets see what 2017 brings. 

Edited by Tobias

16 hours ago, Tobias said:

No males? 

feline is the adjective for cats coming from the latin word felix (also meaning happy) hence the cartoon. Felix the Cat.

I think you confused it with the word feminine.

From what I saw, 4 of the 8 were females, 4 others seemed to be males.

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Not even photo reveals of who or what's what until official announcement is made later today.

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

' Its pretty much guaranteed that the backs of these marchers will be a lot less paler by the time they get to indy in August. ( haha!)