Cadets 2017

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

. I don't believe that Boston will have even 3 in its brass line this summer that marched the Cadets. if so, not more than 3 or 4 anyway. Boston also had a few auditioneers that did not earn a spot in Boston for 2017, but to their persistence credit, earned a spot in Cadets, and will be marching Cadets this summer. Boston also has only 1 or 2 that marched CC last season in its brass line. So sometimes the rumors we hear of wholesale marcher transfers are just that.... silly and unfounded rumors, started by people that have not been within 1,000 miles of a Corps camp this off season that they are commenting and making assessments on.

Making assessments?  Or making #$%% up?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BRASSO said:

. I don't believe that Boston will have even 3 in its brass line this summer that marched the Cadets. if so, not more than 3 or 4 anyway. Boston also had a few auditioneers that did not earn a spot in Boston for 2017, but to their persistence credit, earned a spot in Cadets, and will be marching Cadets this summer. Boston also has only 1 or 2 that marched CC last season in its brass line. So sometimes the rumors we hear of wholesale marcher transfers are just that.... silly and unfounded rumors, started by people that have not been within 1,000 miles of a Corps camp this off season that they are commenting and making assessments on.

What about the guard?  Did a lot of guard move from Crown to Boston?

What about percussion?  Did any percussion people move from Cadets to Boston?

Sounds like only about 4-10% of the hornline members moved from Crown and Cadets to Boston.  That seems to be pretty decent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Sounds like only about 4-10% of the hornline members moved from Crown and Cadets to Boston.  That seems to be pretty decent.

Actually...thats a really good point.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Actually...thats a really good point.

I've heard through the grapevine a sizable amount of Cadets brass (35) made the trek to Boston this off season, but who really knows???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I don't know.  Boston has sent marchers to the elite top 3-4 Corps for years and years. I don't recall anybody asking me how many former Boston marchers might be in each of these Corps. I have no idea how many former Boston marchers marched these Corps over the years either. It never interested me, and so I would have no idea if you or anybody asked me this either. Corps in the top 12 generally are made up of marchers from everywhere. Some with experience, some with less, and some with no experience. Boston will have all 3 levels in a good % mix, imo . Boston will have marchers from everywhere.. They'll even have at least 4 this summer marching Boston that are from Japan. The ones from Japan, I have no idea what their experience is, nor who they marched with, nor if they marched with anybody else before.. So thats about all I can tell you at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO

7 minutes ago, HBD said:

I've heard through the grapevine a sizable amount of Cadets brass (35) made the trek to Boston this off season, but who really knows???

I would say that anything you hear in the drum corps grapevine should ignored.  As far as grapevines go, the drum corps one is too long to be accurate.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I don't know.  Boston has sent marchers to the elite Corps for years and years. I don't recall anybody asking me how many former Boston marchers might be in each of these Corps. I have no idea how many former Boston marchers marched these Corps over the years either. It never interested me, and so I would have no idea if you or anybody asked me this either. Corps in the top 12 generally are made up of marchers from everywhere. Some with experience, some with less, some no experience. Boston will have marchers from everywhere.. they'll even have at least 4 this summer marching Boston that are from Japan. The ones from Japan, I have no idea what their experience is, nor who they marched with, nor if they marched with anybody else before.. So Thats all I can tell you at the moment.

That's great for Boston.  ...and yes, Boston hasn't always been a destination corps.  That being said, as the question went, I was more curious about members from Cadets and Crown going TO Boston.  I mean you were talking about hornline members and shared that you believe that only a few people moved over from Cadets and Crown to Boston's brassline.  I've heard that a BUNCH of Crownie guard people followed instructors to Boston.  I would also imagine that some Cadet percussionists would follow instructors to Boston as well.

I mean, when the Rennicks went to SCV from Phantom, a bunch of people moved with them.

I'm not passing judgement and I don't have an agenda.  People can march where they want and be taught by whomever.

I personally only care about this because I think it is interesting to know these things, and I wonder how the talent moving to Boston will affect their placement.

Other people from the Cadets or Crown may have emotion about the topic, and I understand that as well.

12 minutes ago, HBD said:

absolutely not

a very small number of drummers, 0 guard (that I'm aware of) and 2 or 3 brass

As far as Crown guard I've heard about 15-18 left with the staff for Crown but they have another sizable set of vets plus some great folks at auditions

sounds like all 3 corps should be fine

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I would say that anything you hear in the drum corps grapevine should ignored.  As far as grapevines go, the drum corps one is too long to be accurate.

I dunno, I've heard a lot of information through the drum corps grapevine that has been proved true.  Some of the information is incomplete, but it's actually ALL been true so far.

• Like 1