Cadets 2017

Two things:  one, how did this topic drop off page 1 of my iPhone screen; two, how is it possible that I am the one (far from a fanboy) bringing it back where it belongs?

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Two things:  one, how did this topic drop off page 1 of my iPhone screen; two, how is it possible that I am the one (far from a fanboy) bringing it back where it belongs?

1. It dropped off because there's "nothing to see here" apparently.

2. I was considering bringing it back, but I wanted to add something relevant to the 2017 show to bring it back.

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Don't worry.

When ST begins tomorrow night and the show title/theme/rep announcement is made to those who have paid their tithe to Brad, the posts will come en MASSe.

I guess you think you are being funny? They aren't "those who have paid their tithe to Brad" -- there are DONOR'S

You constantly refer to it /Brad as if it is extortion or something nefarious 

Instead it is the (mostly) thankless and (typically) endless job of NPO fundraising 

Edited by George Dixon
typo
  • Like 2

Hoping for a modern rendition of On The Waterfront in one of the remaining 2 years

• Like 2

Or maybe Bernstein's Symphony No. 2: Age of Anxiety.  An overlooked piece and it would be fitting for our current environment.  So much greatness to choose from this is exciting :lle:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I guess you think you are being funny? They aren't "those who have paid their tithe to Brad" -- there are DONOR'S

You constantly refer to it /Brad as if it is extortion or something nefarious 

Instead it is the (mostly) thankless and (typically) endless job of NPO fundraising 

I know. I do it daily on behalf of the homeless and poor, those who could never afford the luxury of YEA. And I used to do it for Cadets too before they moved to Hopkinsville.

Don't be snarky and call it corps loyalty. It's not the Holy Name way. Perhaps this heat and humidity have you so condescending.

It's that time of year when excitement and temperatures are on the rise! Take a look at what's coming up over the weekend and how you can see all of it!

• The first Cadets move into Johnstown, PA for spring training today with the remainder of the corps moving in this Saturday.
  • Cadets2 have rehearsal in the Harrisburg, PA area this weekend.
  • There is a YEA! Board of Directors meeting in East Rutherford, NJ on Saturday.
  • The annual YEA! Wine Tasting fundraiser is in East Rutherford, NJ on Sunday afternoon.
  • The 2017 program title will be announced on Monday.
  • The Cadets Hall of Fame inductees will be announced this weekend.

The people in the YEA! office are on the move! George Hopkins, CEO of Youth Education in the Arts will be traveling across Pennsylvania for a good part of the weekend and will be bringing brand new Cadets information to you live! Mark your calendar and check out what you'll see this weekend! 

• Thursday, May 18 - 9:30 p.m
    • Facebook Live with George Hopkins
    • Updates on the spring and the weekend
    • Story time
    • Broadcasted live on The Cadets' and George Hopkins' page simultaneously
  • Friday, May 19 - 9:00 p.m.
    • On ZOOM, private broadcast at 9 p.m. exclusively to our donors to announce The Cadet 2017 program title and plans
    • Live from Johnstown, PA
    • Other updates as requested
    • Donate now to recieve the webinar code
  • Saturday, May 20 - 1 p.m.
    • Facebook Live from YEA! Board of Director's meeting in East Rutherford, NJ
    • Meet some of our board members
    • Hear what our Board of Directors does
    • Hear what projects and ideas are coming up this season
  • Saturday, May 20 - 9:30 p.m. (or later)
    • Facebook Live from East Pennsboro High School and Cadets2 rehearsals 
    • Cadets2 show announcement
    • Some staff introductions
  • Sunday, May 22 - 3:00 p.m.
    • Facebook Live from the YEA! Wine Tasting fundraiser
    • Meet alumni, Hall of Fame members, and event hosts Jim Messina and Greg Pych
  • Monday, May 23 - 9:15 p.m.
    • Facebook Live from Johnstown, PA
    • 2017 Program Announcement
    • The Cadets Hall of Fame Announcements
    • Meet a few Cadets