Cadets 2017

7 minutes ago, wallace said:

Yeah, running a multimillion dollar business with over a hundred employees is nothing like running a drum corps. Thanks for that!

Congratulations. Still. Cadets have done A LOT over social media over the past few years so I am not sure how you can say they don't understand it. You probably are just having trouble comprehending that because they do not put out the information that YOU want when YOU want it, doesn't mean they're in "total media blackout." The season will be here before you know it and then you can finally stop the whining.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

well I run a 220 million dollar organization with 7,000+ employees...

Not bad... I could really help you improve your efficiency though. LOL! I'm just kidding!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Congratulations. Still. Cadets have done A LOT over social media over the past few years so I am not sure how you can say they don't understand it. You probably are just having trouble comprehending that because they do not put out the information that YOU want when YOU want it, doesn't mean they're in "total media blackout." The season will be here before you know it and then you can finally stop the whining.  

Right! Then we can enjoy another ten and a half months of silence. Ohm...

17 minutes ago, wallace said:

Yeah, running a multimillion dollar business with over a hundred employees is nothing like running a drum corps. Thanks for that!

Back in the early days of the internet there was a drum corps forum on Prodigy. One of the main contributors was a guy named Bill Cook. He was great ... open ... self effacing ... funny. Never once did he have to say he was a billionaire running a large medical conglomerate. I miss those days.

• Like 5

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Back in the early days of the internet there was a drum corps forum on Prodigy. One of the main contributors was a guy named Bill Cook. He was great ... open ... self effacing ... funny. Never once did he have to say he was a billionaire running a large medical conglomerate. I miss those days.

I admit it. I'm no Bill Cook. Nice guy.

• Like 2

Wallace:  I am not writing this to be snarky, but to honestly pursue the issue, and since you say you are in media relations you might be the best to answer.  What ARE some good media ideas and methods that Cadets (or any corps for that matter) should be offering from, say, September to February, presuming that show music/themes are off limits?  (and as we know, they can't focus too much on the marchers or some people might think it's creepy).  I have a tough time evaluating because with a kid in the program I naturally see a lot that others don't.  But it also seems that having a coordinated media effort in the off months doesn't seem a priority of many corps.

30 minutes ago, wallace said:

So, if you can run one business you can run any business?  Oh boy.  Well, I can tell you have self confidence.  That's good.

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Wouldn't be the first time.

Fair enough. It's my take that many underestimate the difficulty of running a drum corps let alone a multifaceted organization such as YEA! I'm a much different sort of manager than Hopkins appears to be; however he certainly has a tough job.