Cadets 2017

(snip)

and yeah - it's tough. Drum corps is tough and pretty thankless other than the love from the members and young staff / joy from that

Edited by George Dixon

On 5/19/2017 at 8:31 AM, 2000Cadet said:

I find it fascinating that people are complaining about this. Other corps have done this for years and since we have all been accustomed to Cadets providing information in previous seasons, the one season they decide not to (and give pretty good reasons as to why), now people think it's ridiculous. Personally, I'm glad (yes GLAD) they haven't been on information overload this off-season. It has always been my opinion that The Cadets talk too much.

Tekk: Please forgive my unrelated intrusion into your post. There is something I wanted to share with you, but other diversions kept interfering. I have been following you ever since you first started posting on DCP when you were younger. Your initial posts disturbed me a little because they were immature, indicative probably of your age at that time. Since then I have watched as you have grown as a writer and a thinker, and the change has been amazing. You have become one of the most reasonable participants on Cadet threads, and your points are always well thought out and well presented. Even more important, they seem to be completely honest. You don't hold back when you disagree with something, nor do you fail to strongly advocate for what you believe is right. Thank you for being a voice of reason, your words well thought out, well articulated, and always straight to the point. 

Sincerely, 

Dave Shaw

Edited by onceuponatime
punctuation error
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, onceuponatime said:

Tekk: Please forgive my unrelated intrusion into your post. There is something I wanted to share with you, but other diversions kept interfering. I have been following you ever since you first started posting on DCP when you were younger. Your initial posts disturbed me a little because they were immature, indicative probably of your age at that time. Since then I have watched as you have grown as a writer and a thinker, and the change has been amazing. You have become one of the most reasonable participants on Cadet threads, and your points are always well thought out and well presented. Even more important, they seem to be completely honest. You don't hold back when you disagree with something, nor do you fail to strongly advocate for what you believe is right. Thank you for being a voice of reason, your words well thought out, well articulated, and always straight to the point. 

Sincerely, 

Dave Shaw

Thanks!! 

That is one hell of a compliment. All I can say is a lot has happened to me over the past 10 years that has helped to shape my views on many things. I carry that "education" everywhere I go. The person you see online is the same person you would meet in real life. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Thanks!! 

That is one hell of a compliment. All I can say is a lot has happened to me over the past 10 years that has helped to shape my views on many things. I carry that "education" everywhere I go. The person you see online is the same person you would meet in real life. 

:inlove::mat::worthy:

18 hours ago, onceuponatime said:

Sincerely, 

Dave Shaw

Tek is usually on the money with the exception of the few times he disagrees with me. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So for a drum corps moment of Zen let's look back 25 years at the very-controlled (famously controlled) 1992 Cadets of Bergen County semi-finals performance

Cadets moved up in the standings big time the last 10 days of 1992 after putting numerous large changes into the program to "fix it" after a disappointing run in Texas in mid/late July that season

I remember the corps standing there waiting to start seemingly forever with the long pause after they were announced (on this video0 for their semi-finals performance - and then the controlled & quieter performance. Suddenly sets were clean, ensemble was locked in and rifles were caught. We saw a corps growing in confidence right in front of us

The audience around us sensed it - you can hear their quiet focus during the performance. Especially from the numerous Cavaliers fans that night

Such a great evening!

Cadets 1992 Semi-Finals:

One of the coolest things about their huge surge in 1992 was that it was documented by the fabulous video product called the "Super Corpak", which was quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals of a single corps, all on one VHS tape.  I would LOVE for such a product to be available again someday!  I would REALLY love to have it for 2007 Cadets!!

This 1992 corps was SO different through finals week.  Almost miraculous!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

One of the coolest things about their huge surge in 1992 was that it was documented by the fabulous video product called the "Super Corpak", which was quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals of a single corps, all on one VHS tape.  I would LOVE for such a product to be available again someday!  I would REALLY love to have it for 2007 Cadets!!

This 1992 corps was SO different through finals week.  Almost miraculous!

That 1992 show was so cool... one of my all-time favorites from any corps.

It was nice to hear Cadets2 play a part of that show a few years back when they came on the DCA scene. Obviously not quite at the level of the '92 Cadets... LOL... but it brought back great memories.

Day 1

All percussion made it to first day - including front ensemble

68 of 70 brass (2 still in HS) made it to day 1 - very strong attendance for day 1 as they are usually missing a couple more folks as finals wrap

7 pages of drill taught - wasn't the original plan but they had a good basics rehearsal so they taught a bit of drill. Usually focus this early is just getting their feet under the members.

Day #2 underway!

• Like 2