Cadets 2017

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

One of the coolest things about their huge surge in 1992 was that it was documented by the fabulous video product called the "Super Corpak", which was quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals of a single corps, all on one VHS tape.  I would LOVE for such a product to be available again someday!  I would REALLY love to have it for 2007 Cadets!!

This 1992 corps was SO different through finals week.  Almost miraculous!

I remember those corps super pack things! Yes - Cadets made a lot of changes in the final 30 days of 1992 so the corps was surging incredibly at the end

The corps was a mess Saturday night in Allentown, looked a lot better Thursday but Friday (the video I linked) was when it all started to come together. A "controlled" performance for maybe the first time all season. Saturday was also good and the corps flipped on Star and went from 3rd to 2nd place - the finals night run was louder and with more energy but perhaps a tad sloppier as the emotion seemed to get away from them. The crowed LOVED them on finals night. What a great year to look back on!

The 1992 "surge" really set the corps up for the 1993 championship

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Day 1

All percussion made it to first day - including front ensemble

68 of 70 brass (2 still in HS) made it to day 1 - very strong attendance for day 1 as they are usually missing a couple more folks as finals wrap

7 pages of drill taught - wasn't the original plan but they had a good basics rehearsal so they taught a bit of drill. Usually focus this early is just getting their feet under the members.

Day #2 underway!

Bless your heart!   The only thing more boring than learning drill, is watching someone else learn drill.  :biggrin:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Bless your heart!   The only thing more boring than learning drill, is watching someone else learn drill.  :biggrin:

Agreed. Fortunately I'm not there watching lol. Hopkins posted a video update last night :)

I do plan on checking out the corps next Wednesday (5/31) in person when they have ten days or so under their belt. Should have 5 minutes on the field then if all runs according to schedule. The back half of the program is very aggressive so I'd expect them to open in Indy with a shell of the closer and update that in July 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

A friend of mine in the corps set me some snapchats of HB before rehearsal today. Woooow

battery is really strong again this year - so is C2 frankly - it will all come down to design!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Agreed. Fortunately I'm not there watching lol. Hopkins posted a video update last night :)

I do plan on checking out the corps next Wednesday (5/31) in person when they have ten days or so under their belt. Should have 5 minutes on the field then if all runs according to schedule. The back half of the program is very aggressive so I'd expect them to open in Indy with a shell of the closer and update that in July 

Yes I heard they're back to their old selves doing the 220 BPM DRILL again. Yeah! 

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

I have a feeling design wise Cadets will hit a home run this year. 

Precisely the reason I'm waiting for their announcement before I make my final start-of-ST predictions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brassdude6171 said:

Precisely the reason I'm waiting for their announcement before I make my final start-of-ST predictions

When's that gonna happen?