Cadets 2017

16 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

show title image:

18673110_10154529727526911_8229772316313

The OCD part of me is freaking out because of that crooked "With incidental material by..." line.

• Like 3

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

The OCD part of me is freaking out because of that crooked "With incidental material by..." line.

Glad it wasn't only me!

DCI had a notable shift in 2016 (almost none of the corps featured singers) and it resulted in a wash of forgettable and lackluster shows.  So glad Cadets are re-righting that ship and putting the focus back where it belongs, on the vocalists.. even if it's only for 8 minutes of an 11 minute show.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

show title image:

18673110_10154529727526911_8229772316313

I'm so pumped for this show you have no idea. Look, they even have the maroon and gold in the colors of the title

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tommynev said:

DCI had a notable shift in 2016 (almost none of the corps featured singers) and it resulted in a wash of forgettable and lackluster shows.  So glad Cadets are re-righting that ship and putting the focus back where it belongs, on the vocalists.. even if it's only for 8 minutes of an 11 minute show.

The difference, however, is that MASS was originally composed to feature vocalists. In order to stay close to the intent of the music, a choir should be welcomed. I think it's a great idea

Most corps in the past have included singing/vocalists just because they could, not necessarily because it was vital to the production 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, tommynev said:

Good thing Oregon Crusaders saved the day last year with their 8 singers.

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

18588772_10155427788721349_1939991722654

Eric, Phil and John's addition to staff brought lots of great talent to Cadets. It was largest CadetGuard turn out perhaps ever but certainly in recent memory. Now if they get a great book, we're in good shape. 

8 hours ago, Foef_Yet_Flalf said:

I'm so pumped for this show you have no idea. Look, they even have the maroon and gold in the colors of the title

I'm tentatively very very excited about this show. It seems MUCH thought and MANY design meetings occurred this winter. I think 2016 was a serious wake up call about what NOT to do. Maybe that was needed to get them to push the Cadets in new directions effectively.

8 hours ago, tommynev said:

Agreed. Last season was awful. With people in one-zies sliding down ramps as the top corps and it quickly went down hill from there.