Cadets 2017

10 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

In all honesty, when I saw Bluecoats in the theater last year, I thought they might have a shot.  It was the most interesting show performed that night.

That said, the show title and musical selections alone wouldn't have made me think "championship".  And as I stated, concepts alone rarely do.  It ended up coming down to design for them last year, and it will be the case for all corps again this year.

Agreed. It's how they do it probably more than what they do 

36 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

In all honesty, when I saw Bluecoats in the theater last year, I thought they might have a shot.  It was the most interesting show performed that night.

That said, the show title and musical selections alone wouldn't have made me think "championship".  And as I stated, concepts alone rarely do.  It ended up coming down to design for them last year, and it will be the case for all corps again this year.

I said to my husband after watching Bluecoats in the theater last year "No one is going to beat that."  Well, I think they lost one or two shows but they took the big enchilada.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I said to my husband after watching Bluecoats in the theater last year "No one is going to beat that."  Well, I think they lost one or two shows but they took the big enchilada.   

We had dinner with some friends connected with the Bluecoats organization, about a month before the season began last year.

They had just returned from a 'Coats camp... and told us what we were about to see would be unlike anything we'd ever seen from a drum corps.

Boy, were they right.  LOL.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

We had dinner with some friends connected with the Bluecoats organization, about a month before the season began last year.

They had just returned from a 'Coats camp... and told us what we were about to see would be unlike anything we'd ever seen from a drum corps.

Boy, were they right.  LOL.

They were very novel and I give them that but I was more impressed with other champions recently namely Crown 2013. It had excellence written all over it. Bloo had a fun show but it lacked that "polished" look that I prefer to see with the awarded "best corps of the year". 

Edited by Tobias

4 minutes ago, Tobias said:

They were very novel and I give them that but I was more impressed with other champions recently namely Crown 2013. It had excellence written all over it. Bloo had a fun show but it lacked that "polished" look that I prefer to see with the awarded "best corps of the year". 

It's simultaneously one of the dirtiest/most entertaining championship shows I've seen...so I'll take it

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

It's simultaneously one of the dirtiest/most entertaining championship shows I've seen...so I'll take it

That it was. 

10 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

This has the potential to be VERY powerful thematically.  Just in the presentation. 

I just wanna hear what it sounds like. I'm like anxious for some music.

• Like 1